Chapter 3

I lean my head down on his shoulder. "Can you stay in the room with me. Please?" I beg.

He nods. "Of course darling."

We enter the healing room and Thranduil sets me down on the long chair. The healers tend to my leg immediately. It only takes about 7 minutes before they are finished. I stand up from the chair and smile at him. He smiles back.

"Feeling better?" he asks. I nod.

He links his arm with my own and leads me out of the room. He takes me to another

room. A bedroom. A very large bedroom.

"Here. There are dresses in here. You must put one on." he says escorting me to the closet. I look at him confused.

"But why a dress? Can't I keep this on?" I ask looking down at my outfit. It's a little dirty, but it's always like that. It not too fancy but not too peasant like.

He shakes his head. "Although it is pretty, it is not allowed. No armor of any kind. There is going to be a feast tonight. It is required to dress appropriately to such an event." he says opening the door. There are many dresses. All are beautiful, but only one catches my eye. It's maroon with little diamonds spread around the collar. The sleeves don't go any lower than the shoulder. It goes as far down as my ankles. I grab it and examine it.

"Would you mind if I wore this one?" I show him the dress. He looks it over for a second then smiles.

"I think it would look gorgeous on you." He says kindly. I blush. "I will have a maid come in here and fix you up." he says leaving. I'm about to say something to him but before I can, he leaves.

I pout.

Before I can get undressed to put the dress on, there is a knock at the door. "Yes?" I call out.

"My lady. Thranduil sent for me to get you ready for the feast." says a woman's voice. I let her in and she smiles. It's an older lady. She walks into the room and sets me down in front of the mirror.

"Now," she starts. "What are we to do with your hair?" she asks.

I shrug. "We could just leave it down." I suggest.

"And what about shoes?" she asks.

I shake my head. "I never wear shoes." I say with a slight smile.

She sighs. She puts the dress on me and laces it up in the back. She then does my makeup. When I look back in the mirror, I'm surprised. I never knew I could look like that.

I look gorgeous!

"There you go, my lady. All finished." she says smiling, obviously proud of her work. I stand up and thank her. She then directs me to where the feast is.

"Wait. What do I do with my tail?" I ask.

She waves her hand. "Just leave it under the dress." I nod.