Chapter 10

I turn around. Everyone is looking at me with sadness in their eyes, even Thorin. I jump off the ledge and into the water. I swim to the shore and shake all the water from my hair. I walk over to the villagers. Not in my wolf form so I don't startle them.

An ugly faced man staggers over to me. He's wearing all black clothes. "What do you think you're doing here little lady?" He asks. I ignore him and continue walking. "Hey!" He yells. I stop and turn to him. "This is for villagers only. You don't look like a villager. So leave back into the swamp from wench you came." He says shooing me away.

I snarl in his face, baring my teeth. He backs up frightened. I continue to walk inside. I see Bard. He walks over to me.

"Have you brought any gold?" He asks. I shake my head.

"No. I am sorry." I say. "I was kicked out of the alliance with all the dwarves. Thorin said that I had questioned his authority. Now I have nowhere within 100 miles to go except here. That is, if you will allow me to stay." I finish.

He smiles and nods slightly. "You may stay." I smile and thank him. I ask if there is anything I can help with. He says I may be a healer. I agree and go to where he directs me to be.

As I'm walking, I pass by a large entryway. I peer inside for a second and see something amazing. Something I thought I wouldn't see in a while. Thranduil. The king of Mirkwood. My king. My only king.

He sees me as well. "Anastasia?!" He asks surprised. He gets off his elk.

I run towards him with open arms as does he. I jump into his arms. He spins me around while smiling. "Thranduil! I've missed you!" I say happily. He brings me in for a kiss.

"I've missed you as well my princess. Ever since you left, I couldn't stop worrying for you."

I smile at him. "I've got you a present darling." I say grabbing the pouch from my waist. He looks at me confused for a moment until I show him the contents inside. Hie eyes grow wide. "It's not much..." I trail off.

He stares at the gems and smiles. "Thank you Anastasia." We both sit on back of the elk. I sit behind Thranduil.

"We are to discuss plans of war with the others." He says as the elk walks towards the tower. "The hobbit came and visited us the other day. He gave us the Arkenstone. The one Thorin so desires."

I stare at him wide eyed. "He had the stone all along?! We were all searching day and night! Why did he give it to you?" I ask angrily.

He turns his head to face me. "He have it to us so we can reason with Thorin. He will call off the war if he wants the stone. And if he doesn't, It shall remain in our possession as the war begins." He says harshly.

"No. You cannot start a war Thranduil! I know Thorin and he will not reason with you. He despises you." I say. "I will not allow you to do that. He will question how you got it and... Bilbo will say it was he who took it. I'm afraid of what Thorin will do to him." I say sadly. "Please. Do not do this. War does not have to start Thranduil and you know it."

He turns to me and lightly shakes his head. "My darling you do not understand." He then faces forward. Bard, Thranduil, and the elves all travel to the mountain. As were going, I jump off the elk and run towards the tower and climb up the wall quickly. I get inside. All the dwarves and Bilbo notice me. All except Thorin. I hide behind a wall and watch as Thorin climbs up and looks down at everyone.