Chapter 11

Thorin and Thranduil talk for a few minutes. Well, not so much talking as yelling. Bard shows Thorin the stone and strikes him a deal. Thorin stares at the stone in shock. He realizes someone betrayed him.

He turns to everyone. "Which one of you betrayed me!" He yells. Bilbo steps forward slightly.

Before Thorin can notice him, I shout. "I did!" He turns to me angrily.

"You!?" He yells. "You've betrayed me once now you do it again!" He grabs me by the neck and pushes my back over the ledge. If he pushes me down any farther, I would fall and crack my head open.

"NO!" Yells Thranduil.

Thorin pulls out his blade and presses it to my neck. I gasp slightly but don't fight him. He notices this and angrily asks, "Why do you not fight back?"

"I promised I would protect everyone here at any cost." I choke out. "I will not harm my friends." I emphasize the word friends.

His face contorts to one of sadness. He lets me up and backs away. Bilbo runs over to my side. "Ana, why... Why did you do that?" Bilbo asks.

I bend down next to him and whisper. "Like I said, I have to protect everyone here. Even if it puts my life at risk." I stand back up and go onto the rock ledge.

Bilbo steps up with me. "I'm going with you." He says sternly. I smile down at him and pick him up in my arms.

"Hold your breathe little hobbit." I say just before I jump. We land in the water with a little splash. I surface as quickly as possible and swim to shore with Bilbo still in my arms.

I stand up and let him go. I turn into my wolf form and shake the water off my fur. Bilbo climbs on my back and looks over to Thorin. He still looks sad.

I turn to Thranduil who looks at me worriedly. I look away from him and look down. I saunter over to him and turn to face Thorin.

Thranduil continues to look at me worriedly, then he turns to Thorin in anger. "Either you give me all the jems, or I have my army retrieve them." He says angrily. "Will you have peace? Or war!"

Thorins saddened face changes to one of anger. "I will have war!" He yells.

I sigh. "Oh Thorin." Bilbo heard me because he pets me gently on the top of my head.

"He'll be alright Anastasia," he whispers sweetly. "He'll be alright." He says more to himself. I think he's beginning to doubt that he's gonna be better. That Thorin can change...