• Chapter 1 •

A look at our past

Author pov

[ 5 years old]

A young girl name Sooyoung was waiting for a young boy name JaeBum to arrive. She was excited to play with him. "Dear, remember to stay with Jaebum, okay? We will be over there if you need us." Her mother reminds her.

The little girl just nods her head excitedly and wait patiently for him. "SooYoung- ah! " A loud voice called for her. She turns around and saw Jaebum running towards her. She smiles and wave at him.

"Have you been waiting for a long time?" Jaebum cutely ask her. "No, I didn't." She replies. "Jaebum dear, please take care of Sooyoung and don't hurt yourself, understand?"

"Yes, mum!" He said enthusiastically and smile at his mum. They were sitting at the sand box area and was building a sand castle. They were playing happily and Jaebum was smiling from ear to ear.

"Why are you so happy?" Sooyoung ask him. "Because you are here." She can't stop blushing. "I like you, Sooyoung-ah." Young Jaebum said to young Sooyoung. She blushes and said, " I like you too, Jaebum-ah." She confesses.

While they were playing, they didn't know it was time to go home. "Have you told him, dear?" Sooyoung's mum ask her. She pouts and shook her head. "Go and tell him. By the time we leave, you are going to regret it if you didn't tell him. " she told the little girl.

"Jaebum-ah, I got something to tell you." She said softly.

"What is it?" Jaebum ask her. "Um...I am leaving next week." she said. "Why?! Where are you leaving to?! Can you not go?!" He was asking her a lot of questions with tears streaming down.

He was crying.

"My parent set up a business there so the whole family is moving to USA." Sooyoung was about to cry the moment she saw Jaebum crying. "I want to go with you!" He said which his mum heard it.

"Don't be sad, dear. When they came back, she is able to play with you again." His mum tried to convince him but failed. "I don't want to! I want to play with her forever! " he continues to whine.

After 15 minutes, they manage to calm young Jaebum. "Promise me that you will come back to me and play with me. I promise you that I will marry you and only you! " he said, making both mums to laugh at his words.

"Let's go. It's already late. We will see them soon." Sooyoung's mum said and pull her to their car. Both kids were waving at each other and not wanting to leave.

[ The day heading to the USA.]

"Sooyoung-ah, wait here for me. Mummy need to buy things from the store. Don't run around, okay?" She said to young Sooyoung. She nods her head and continue to play with her newly brought soft ball.

Her mum was buying drinks for both of them until she heard a loud bang outside the store. She took a look outside and notice Sooyoung wasn't there. She run out of the store immediately and saw a small figure lying on the cold hard ground.

The figure was cover with blood and she realise that person was Sooyoung. "Sooyoung-ah!" She immediately went to her side. "Someone please call for ambulance!" She screams and nervously look at her daughter who is bleeding non-stop.

"How is she, doctor?" She immediately asks him as soon as he step out of the emergency room. "She is fine for now but we can't guarantee that she will wake up soon." He said and walk away from her.

She steps into the ward and saw her daughter was full of bandage. "I am so sorry; I shouldn't have left you alone." She cried and look at her daughter.

"Mdm, do I need to inform Im's family?" Mr Kim ask her. "Don't inform them." She replies and left to inform her husband who is currently oversea and clueless about his daughter's condition.

[ Age 18 ]

"Sooyoung-ah! We are moving back to Seoul!" Her mum shouted at her 18-year-old girl. "Really? Okay!" She shouts back and started packing.

The next day,

They safely landed Seoul, the girl was so excited.

She woke up at the age of 7 after her accident. After getting better, she moved to USA and never come back. She has long forgotten him. Should I say she doesn't even remember him? She remembered everything but she didn't the memories she had with Jaebum at all.

"I am in Seoul!" She shouted, making the people around her staring at her weirdly. Her parents were laughing at her action and pull her to their car.

While the Park family are on their way to their newly home, a boy was looking at picture of 2 kids. "Bro, why are you staring at that picture for so long?" A skinny boy asks him, pulling the chair closer.

"Nothing." He mumbled as he stares at him. "Really there's nothing? You have been staring at that picture since the day we know you, Jaebum." The oldest said. Jaebum just sigh and look at his picture again.

"Mark and Bam bam, I just can't forget her." He said and keep his head low. He has finally debut as a Got7 member. He waited for 11 years and the boys knew the reason why Jaebum doesn't want a girlfriend.

"Get a girl and move on, bro" Jackson spoke. He knew that JB is waiting but he can't stand that he is waiting for girl who doesn't remember the promise that they had made. "If you want a girlfriend, let me know. I will introduce you to someone. " Yugyeom said.

He didn't mumble a single word and just look at his photo which he cherishes it for so long. "Eh! There is a new girl coming to school tomorrow. " YoungJae said as he come into the room. "If she is pretty, I want to be friends with her! " Jackson yell, resulting mark hitting his head. "Don't shout at my ear!" Mark scold.

"I can't wait for tomorrow." Bam bam said. Jaebum didn't utter a word and stare the photo of him and Sooyoung. "When will you come back? I am still waiting for you. Remember our promise? I will marry only you, do you still remember?" Jaebum softly mumble. With that, a tear drops from his eyes.

Times files and his love for her didn't fade at all. He cried and cried when she told him that she is leaving. He once had a nightmare that she left him forever and never come back, this make him felt scared.

His love for her was so deep that he rejects every girl who confessed to him. This prove to everyone that she, Park Sooyoung, is important to him. No one can stop him from loving her deeply and can't even stop him from forgetting her.

Sooyoung's existence is the source of Jaebum's happiness and she is the reason for him to keep on living.