|| 3 ||

As my lips left Daryl's forehead I went and sat back down on the bed. As soon as my bottom touched the comforter, the door swung open and Rick came in. "Hey." He said, sitting next to me. Why is he say hello to me like we are buds, I'm probably going to die. "We, have come to a decision..." Death. "You can stay with us if you like but you will have to be a member of the group. You need to gather supplies when we need to go on runs, go on a watch when we need you to, stuff like that." I sat there, a bit stunned. "Why." I ask. Rick cocks his head in confusion. I sighed.

"Why keep me?" I asked again. "Because [ Y/N ]..." He explained how I could be of great help to the surviving group. I sighed, twirling my mother's old engagement ring on my index finger. I thought for a second. I let out another breath and closed my eyes. "Fine, I'll stay, but not for long." I said, opening my eyes. "And why is that?" "Because I don't stay with groups, its not what I do anymore." He squinted slightly. "But I'll stay for now." I added, smiling slightly. He nodded and stood up. "we have a tent that we recently got from a run. I can show you where it is and help you set it up." I shook my head. "I'm good, I've got it." He nodded and left the room. Daryl stood up and stretched. "Welcome to the group." He walked past me as I stood up. He placed his hand on my lower back and smirked. I shuddered at his warm hand against my cold skin. "Thanks Daryl." He left. 

What the hell.

When I got downstairs, Hershel looked up from talking to Maggie and smiled at me. I smiled back and left through the front door. It was night now and the mosquitoes were buzzing more loudly now. I walked around a bit. I found the extra tent and set it up a ways from the house. I lay in the empty tent and close my eyes. My shivers had calmed down when my body heat filled the enclosed tent. Sleep soon followed.

===============================================================

When I awoke, my nose picked up a wonderful sent. Meat, cooking meat. I immediately opened my eyes and stumbled into slightly new clothes. I nearly tripped out of the tent and found Lori cooking over a small fire. My emotions got the better of me. "Is, is that real food?" I asked, walking closer. Lori chuckled. "How long has it been since you had real food?" I licked my lip in temptation. My stomach growled in response. "A long time." I said. She handed me a already cook piece. I devoured it. She laughed. "How old are you?" She asked. "I turned twenty last month." She nodded. Carl walked up and grabbed a piece of cooked deer. "Hey, uh... [Y/n] was it? Hows it going." He asked sitting next to me. I smirked at the small boy. "I'm good all the world crumbles, how about you?" I asked. He smiled at me, some of his innocence showed.  "I'm good!" "Shit." I looked up at Lori. "What's wrong Mom?" Carl asked. "I'm out of meat." "[Y/N]!" I heard Rick yell from the side of the house. I got up and jogged to the truck where he stood with Daryl, Shane, and two others. "Ok, you are going to help us look for Sofia." I stood next to Daryl and cocked my head to the side. "Who's Sofia?" "Carol's missing Daughter, if you'd listen you'd know." My head began to fog with anger at Shane's ignorance. "Well sorry I wasn't here for her disappearance." I sassed back. The hell is his deal, I just asked a simple question. "Don't you give me that tone you little-" "Shane! Stop." Daryl shouted. Shane scoffed.

Bastard

Rick sighed and made pairs to go out into the woods and search for Carol's child.  It was me, Glenn, and the shit faced Shane. Thanks Rick.