|| 2 ||

My body is aching for water. Water, I had some earlier. I can't see, what the hell is going on? I strain to open my eyes. Everything is blurry, but I can make out the color of what is about me. White. "There she is..." I hear an old voice say. The voice soothes me, its calming and safe. "Well good morning darlin', I'd thought you would never wake up! Shane hit you pretty hard. My vision cleared a little and I looked to where the old mans voice came from. "I'm Hershel, welcome to my farm." I sit up and wince at the slight headache at the side of my head.

"Where's my stuff? What happened!?" I asked frantically looking around as my heart rate increased.  Why am I here, Who the hell is Shane!? How did I even get here!?  I shut my eyes tightly. My body begins to shake. "Maggie, come hold her legs, Lori and Andrea, her arms, hold them, she's going into shock." Hands grab my wrists and ankles. 

My mouth feels dry but a scream lets loose, shattering eardrums, it felt like. "N-Now sweetheart you are going to have to calm down! We are not going to hurt you!" Hershel struggled to say, holding my hand. "Take deep breaths." He said. I obeyed as I knew what was happening.

In and Out 

I slowed my breathing and I opened my eyes. An old man with white slicked back hair smiled at me. I looked behind him where a blond haired woman and a long brown haired woman held my arms. "Please let go of me, I'm fine." Hershel turns and nods at all three of them. They backed off. "Who is Shane?" I asked, sitting up. "He's... He's the one who hit you on the head." The brown short haired woman said. "Who are you three?" I asked, slightly frightened that I'm surrounded by living people. "I'm Maggie." She replied. "I'm Lori and this is Andrea." The long brown haired woman said pointing at the blondie. "Pleased to meet you, now I need to go." I said, swinging my legs over the edge of the soft bed. "You need to sit-" "No, I am fine, I need to leave." I started to walk for the bedroom door, when a hand grabbed my wrist. I yelped and started running. "[ Y/N ]! Come back!" Lori shouted as the chased after me. 

I ran down the stairs of the old house and burst through the open screen door, passing a small boy wearing a sheriff's hat. I picked up sped as more people began chasing me. I looked behind me as four people were running after me. When I sped to the left, I ran smack into a man. "Whoa! It's ok!" It was Glenn. The only one I recognized. I got behind him and grabbed his arm in protection. "T-they're chasing me!" I whispered. "What the hell? Why is she not chained up!?" a voice shouted. I looked over Glenn's shoulder as his arm raised up in front of me in protection. I recognized the man shouting, he is the one who hit me over the head with his gun. Anger boiled inside of me. "Shane, she did nothing wrong!" Lori came up behind him and walked in front of him. "You're protecting her? She had more than enough guns and weapons on her for one person! There could be others that could come and hurt our group. Do you want that Lori?" Shane shouted. 

Could be, but there are not others.

He is assuming I have a group. That dick. Anger boiled over and walked from behind Glenn. "Listen you arrogant shit! Those weapons were my father's! If you would stop assuming and sit down and listen for once, things would be fine!" I yelled at him, walking over to him. "Don't you dare talk to me that way!" He cursed. He made his way towards me. He is not going to listen. "Shane DON'T!" People shouted. As he got closer,  he raised his fist and got close enough to swing at me. I ducked and as he tried to swing with his left, I grabbed his incoming fist and twisted it until I felt bones snapping under his skin. He yelled out in pain as I kicked him in between his legs. He fell to the ground quickly as a pair of arms pulled me back by the waist. "That's enough, [ Y/N ]." I sighed as Daryl held on to my waist. "I didn't want to fight you Shane." I said, panting a bit. Another man came up, holding a double barreled pistol in his right hand. "She got in a fight with Shane." Daryl said from behind me. "Dad, she defended herself, Shane went at her first!" The little boy said, running to his father. "He did? Thank you for telling me Carl." He said. Lori went up to the both of them and began whispering to him. He nodded. I looked at all the faces around me. A middle aged man wearing a fishing cap, Maggie, a smaller blond girl, Glenn, a woman with dark grey hair, and a African man, and Shane on the ground clutching his broken hand.  "Please Rick..." I heard. I looked back at Lori. A pleading expression on her face. Rick is Carl's father, who seems to be the leader of the group. Rick looked at me and began walking towards me. "Is it true?" he asked me as he got 7 feet from me. I felt like a soldier being confronted by his sergeant. Daryl's arms tightened slightly around my waist. "Yes." I answered.=

===================================================================================================================================================================

As night began to kiss the sky, I was held in a bedroom, as the entire group debated on keeping me, welcome me to the group as a new member, or to let me loose, in hopes that I never come back, or to cut the middle man and execute me. Daryl, sitting in a chair in the far corner of the room, held a firm grip on his crossbow as he watched me.

The shouting and yelling downstairs will make me go mad.

"Where you from?" Snapping back out of my thoughts, I raised my eyebrows at Daryl. "I asked, where you from?" He repeated. "Savannah, you been there?" I asked, curious as to why he is speaking to me. He smirked and looked down. "Yeah, a few times with my brother."He said. "Whats his name? Might now em'." I said smiling slightly. "Merle." My eyes widened. I laughed halfheartedly. "Merle? Wow, haven't heard about him since I was 18." Daryl's face scrunched up. "How do you know him?" I let out a quick scoff. "I met Merle at a bar, he came up to me, offered me a beer and then tried to lift my skirt." I said, thinking back to that day. "I used to smoke with him when he came into town." I added. I was glad that my drug days were over now. "Heh, good ol' Merle huh?" He asked, smiling at me. I nodded "So where is that bastard, I doubt he'd remember me anyway." He looked down. 

He's Dead

"I lost him in Atlanta, Rick hand cuffed him on top of a roof, came back to find out he cut off his hand and fled." I shook my head. "Haven't heard from him?" He shook his head no. "Sorry." I whispered. I got up and walked to the window. I pulled back the white lace rimmed curtain. "Lost my father before the outbreak. Murdered. My mom didn't make it through the first day of the out break."I said, remembering her blood soaking my clothes. I took in a breath and let it out. I looked back at Daryl. I felt sorry for him, losing a family member is never easy. I walked over and planted my lips on his head. "I'm sorry about your brother."