Chapter 26

[Falcondust's POV]

I walked around the camp trying to calm my nerves. I hadn't asked Smallshadow to be my mate and I wanted to ask her now. I was just scared she would say no. I saw her come back from her patrol and went over to her.

"Hey, want to take a walk with me?" I asked her softly.

"Sure, Breezescorch can tell Snowstar about the scent we found. Let's go." She smiled softly to me.

I nodded and went out the camp entrance quickly. She followed right behind me. I looked around then headed toward the EverClan border without really thinking. I just knew I had a nice little spot over there that I liked. It had a stream and a meadow there. That's were I wanted to ask her. We soon got there and she looked around amazed.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I asked as I looked around for myself.

"It really is." She purred and kept looking around.

"Smallshadow, I brought you here because I wanted to ask you something really important.." I said and looked at he stream.

"Sure go ahead." She said and looked back to me.

"Well, I've kinda liked you for a while. I was just won-" I was cut off by her. Her face had changed to a face of panic. That's when I scented the cats. With my luck they were right behind me.

"Oh, sorry for interrupting. I just need to get back to DepthClan now. I've been on a mission and I have to get back." A deep voice sounded behind me. I backed up next to Smallshadow and looked to them. I knew that face. It was no other then Metalclaw, one of the best warriors from DepthClan.

"Why are you here?" I hissed.

"Like I said, I was just on a mission. This shecat, Sunflare is going to have kits soon and I would like her to actually have a camp and a medicine cat to help her instead of two toms that know nothing. Now, can you help me at least get to the border of your clan and MapleClan?" Metalclaw asked. The shecat next to him, Sunflare, did look heavy with kits.

"Come on, we got to help them." Smallshadow said softly to me. I finally gave in and nodded.

"Alright, we will help you." I told them.

"Thank you so much. This is Runningshadow by the way." Metalclaw said.

"I'm Falcondust and this is Smallshadow. The border is this way." I said and hurried off to the border. Smallshadow stayed by my side. The other three cats stayed behind us.

We soon got to the border and I scented Duskspark and another cat.

"Falcondust! Help me!" Duskspark said as he got onto our territory with a white shecat on his back.

"Sure." I told him then turned back to Metalclaw. "This is the border. I hope you make it back quick enough. It was nice meeting you." I told them and hurried over to Duskspark.

"She broke her leg. We got to get her back to camp." Duskspark explained a little. Smallshadow nodded.

"I'll go to camp and tell Blizzardleap to get ready for her." Smallshadow said then pelted back to camp.

"Bye!" Metalclaw said as he started to disappear from sight.

"What's her name?" I asked Duskspark as I helped him carry the shecat.

"It's Snowingpaw. She seems nice." He said and kept walking carefully. I nodded and walked by him helping. The shecat actually didn't weigh that much and she was asleep so that was even better.

We got to the camp quickly and Blizzardleap came out of his den and went to get Snowingpaw. Duskspark with with them and Smallshadow came back to me.

"What were you going to ask before?" She asked me.

"If you wanted to be my mate." I said quickly and quietly. I saw her face bright and she nodded.

"Of course I'll be your mate!" She laughed and licked my cheek. I smiled and nudged her.

-----------------

Metalclaw is almost home so I'm almost done with the book. It's like 8 more chapters (counting prologue and bonus chapter). I'll finish it today. I hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!!