Chapter 5

[Silverstar's POV]

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather under Maple Branch for a clan meeting!" I yowled from the branch. I looked out as cats started to walk out from their dens. Moonflash, our kits, Ivystorm, and Blossomkit were the last ones to walk out of their den. I looked at the kits and Venomkit was keeping his distance from Blossomkit as if he hated her. I sighed. I didn't want the kits to hate each other.

"What is this for?" Jaypool asked as he jumped up next to me.

"You will find out." I whispered to him then faced the clan. "Cats of MapleClan! I have important news. I have been called by StarClan to go back to my birth clan to save them. Do not worry. It is not until at least another three moons. When I do leave, I trust that Jaypool will be able to rule over you until I return." I told all the cats. I saw some faces of shock and others of surprise. Others had worry.

"You can't just leave us!" One cat called out. From the voice I thought it was Tigerfur but I couldn't exactly tell.

"I have to. I was called by StarClan to do this. Without me, my birth clan will be no more." I told them. It was all the truth. I didn't want my birth clan to not exist anymore.

"What if EverClan attacks?" Another cat asked. I looked right to them when they asked so I knew it was Honeyear.

"DepthClan will be able to help you like we helped them." I told them all.

"What if they attack us?" Ivystorm asked loudly. I stared at her for a second.

"That would never happen. They are our best friends. That is like attacking your own brother or sister!" I hissed a little. Most of my family was in DepthClan so I was very defensive of them.

"But we don't want you to go!" Doveflame pleaded with me. I looked down to the medicine cat.

"Doveflame, you know just as much as I do that DepthClan cannot attack us. Most of our family is over there. Even if my siblings are going with me on the mission, their kits and mates will still be there." I told her. She nodded and looked down.

"We will do our best to defend and follow your rules." Jaypool said. I nodded to him.

"Thank you, I still don't have to leave for about another three moons though." I smiled to them all.

"Then while you are hear we can do the best we can to help you get ready." Moonflash smiled to me. I smiled back and nodded. It was just another two moons and our kits were apprentices. I kinda hoped that Metalclaw didn't come back until after that.

"Thank you again. Meeting dismissed." I yowled and hopped down from the branch. I went over to Moonflash and our kits and looked to them all.

"Don't go!" Venomkit said and hopped up on my back. I sighed and shook him off gently.

"I have to. You will be fine my little son. You will grow to be a great warrior and maybe even a leader." I smiled softly to him.

"You really think I can be a leader?" He asked me.

"I really do." I purred to him and licked his head.

----------------------

Really sorry for the wait. Writer's block.... Next chapter is from Metalclaw's POV so get ready. Again, I'm sorry. Haven't had inspiration to write this at all. Hope you liked the chapter though! Don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!