Chapter 17

[Summerstripe's POV]

I sneaked out of camp that night. I had to go see Robinheart again. I knew I would most likely see him tomorrow again for the gathering but I just wanted to be with him. I jumped over a log and ran through the grass until I got to the Fourtrees. I looked around but didn't see Robinheart yet. Maybe he had a late night training. I laid down in the shade, though it was almost all dark, and waited. Soon I heard some rustling then I saw the ginger pelt of Robinheart enter the clearing. He saw me and ran over.

"I'm sorry. I had to train Pinepaw a little extra. I came as soon as I could." He purred to me and licked my ear. I purred back and nuzzled him.

"It's fine. Guess what! I just got an apprentice." I smiled to him.

"That's amazing! I knew you could do it." He said. I looked down shyly then leaned against him.

"I guess so." I purred a little and looked up to the stars. They looked so beautiful tonight. I was glad I wasn't one of the warriors up there. Then I wouldn't have Robinheart with me.

"Amazing." He said to me. I nodded and kept looking at the sky. I thought he was talking about the sky until I finally felt his stare on me. My pelt grew hot and I looked back to him.

"Oh, I didn't think you were talking about me." I laughed a little. He chuckled then looked down.

"Summerstripe, somehow I haven't asked you this one any other time we've met. I don't know but I feel like this is the right time." He purred and looked me in the eyes. His blue ones looked into my Amber ones.

"What is it?" I breathed out barely make any noise. I wasn't really sure what he was going to say. It must be good though. Wait, was he going to ask if I wanted to be his mate? My eyes widened a little as he spoke softly and gently to me.

"I love you so much. The first time I saw you I thought you were amazing and beautiful. That's why I asked you to meet me all these nights. I haven't had the courage for the past while but now I do. Summerstripe, I want you to be my mate. I can't imagine being with any other shecat except for you. Please, will you be my mate?" His eyes were soft and it looked like he was pleading for me to say yes. I had tears going down my cheeks. They weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of pure joy. I was finally going to have a mate.

"Yes! Yes I will be your mate forever Robinheart." I purred. He smiled and licked my cheek.

"I was scared you were going to say no. I didn't know what I would do then." He admitted. I stared at him for a second.

"Why do you think I've been meeting you for all of these meetings? Just to get out of camp? No, it was because I liked you too." I told him. That made him smile. We laid down under the starlight and I looked to him and closed my eyes...

----------------------------------------

They are official now! Do you guys have any other pairs you have in mind that you want to see? I can try to get them in. If not you can do to the allegiance and just picked like two random kits or something. I don't know really. I like doing the ship stuff though. Well, I hope you liked the chapter. Don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!