Chapter 23

[Burninghope's POV]

Summerstripe, Roseeyes, Dustyleap, and I all lead out apprentices out into the training area. We were all thinking of making it a game. Dustyleap was taking over for his sister, Airwing, since she was coughing before. Our apprentices all looked to us after we got there.

"Alright, this game is called Capture the Moss-ball. The rules are simple. We have two teams. Burninghope, you can make the teams. Now, all you have to do is get the other team's moss-ball and get back to your side without getting hit. If you get hit by the enemy then you have to go back to your side. Okay?" Summerstripe asked as she looked to each of the apprentices.

"Okay!" They all cheered. I smiled and started to make the teams.

"Team one will be Summerstripe, Leopardpaw, Roseeyes, and Swirlpaw. Team two will be Dustyleap, Winterpaw, Lightningpaw, and me. Roseeyes, you have the moss-balls?" I asked my other sister.

"Yep!" Roseeyes said then got the two moss-balls she had hidden in an old squirrel's nest. She threw me one and took the other one. I flicked my tail for my team to follow. We soon got a good place and I put the moss-ball down.

"Lightningpaw and I will go and get the enemy's moss-ball. Winterpaw and Dustyleapp you will guard be moss-ball. Don't let any cat get it at all." I told them. They all nodded.

"Three!" I heard Summerstripe yowl.

"Two!" I yowled back showing that I was ready.

"One!" Roseeyes yowled.

"Go!" All of us sisters yowled at the same time.

I looked to Lightningpaw then nodded. We ran to the little border we had set up and spread out. Lightningpaw took the right flank and I took the left.
We were going to get that moss-ball. Then I saw it. Only Swirlpaw was guarding it. I saw Lightningpaw and decided he needed to get it.

"Hey Swirlpaw!" I laughed and tried to detract him. Thankfully it worked and he came after me. Lightningpaw then bolted for the moss-ball and headed back to our side. To bad that the enemies were hiding in the trees. Leopardpaw dropped down on Lightningpaw and tagged him out. I sighed and kept running since I was faster then Swirlpaw.

"Sorry it didn't work." Lightningpaw said as he came next to me.

"It's fine." I told him with a small smile. We just needed a better strategy. We headed back to the moss-ball and saw Winterpaw and Dustyleap fending off Summerstripe and Roseeyes. I growled and launched myself next to Dustyleap to help him. Lightningpaw went next to Winterpaw and kept fending off Roseeyes.

"Go plan A!" Summerstripe yowled as I tagged her. That's when I heard the leaves rustling and Swirlpaw and Leopardpaw dropped out of the trees. I looked to Lightningpaw and nodded. This was the perfect time to go get the moss-ball.

"You got this team two!" I yowled and took off back to their moss-ball. I soon spotted it and grabbed it. I saw Lightningpaw on the other side of me about two fox-lengths away from me.

"Look in front of you!" He yowled to me. Then I did and saw Summerstripe waiting for me. I took a chance. I threw the moss-ball all the way to Lightningpaw and he caught it. I got tagged but he thankfully got over the border with the moss-ball without getting tagged. We had won. We quickly made it back to our moss-ball and tagged the two apprentices and warrior out.

"You guys did it!" Winterpaw smiled widely. I nodded amazed at myself. I didn't think I could do it at all.

"Yea, I guess we did." I said with a small laugh.

"It was all thanks to Burninghope. She got the moss-ball. She just threw it to me and I crossed the border with it." Lightningpaw said humbly. I shook my head and licked his ear.

"Give yourself more credit than that! You caught it and kept running! You even warned me that Summerstripe was coming at me." I told him. He smiled and leaned against me.

"At least we won." Dustyleap said and smiled to me. I smiled back softly.

-------------------

Did you get any ships from this chapter? I'm not sure. If you see any go ahead and tell me! I'm glad to ship any characters you want. Also, once again. If you want any characters in the story just tell me and I'll put them in as soon as possible. Thanks again and I hope you liked the chapter! Don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!