42

It's Alek here again.

Things are getting better back in my city of St. Petersburg. It is true what Feliks said: my parents are no longer against us. I'm so relieved and happy that we can be together without having the fear of my parents practically attacking us again.

And with that, I no longer have to go to America. So now I can stay with Feliks in St. Petersburg and go to college there. I like it, I no longer have to be in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language...and I no longer have to write in this journal. Like what I said in the previous chapter, I like writing in here. But it would've been better to write it in Russian, but no one who wrote and read this journal knows Russian except for me. This will be my last entry in here though since I'm now moving on with my life in Russia and I want to forget about all that happened in America. That would be pretty hard to do since most of the events that happened over there are unforgettable. 

Two days later, Feliks and I were strolling down the sidewalk in the late morning. He told me that there was a community soccer game being held at the park in the heart of town and of course I wanted to participate in it. Any chance I get, I'll play soccer. Even in the winter.

The air was still chilled and there was snow pushed to the edge of the streets and sidewalks. The skies were partly cloudy with the winter sun shining down on us. We crossed a street in the residential area, and stepped onto the sidewalk. I was on the edge of the sidewalk with my right hand in Feliks's hand and my other hand holding onto the strap of my soccer bag. I gazed out to my left, spotting on the other side of the road the path that led to the outskirts of the town and to... 'Кабина моих настоящих родителей,' I thought to myself. My real parents' cabin.

"Подождите." Wait. I stopped in my tracks and faced Feliks. "Я хочу, чтобы проверить кое-что. Вы не возражаете, если мы возьмем в объезд?" I want to check out something. Do you mind if we take a detour?

He shrugged. "Конечно, я не против." Sure, I don't mind.

I faced the road, looked both ways for any oncoming cars, and crossed the street with Feliks still in my hand. We got onto the other sidewalk and continued heading straight down the the road's direction.

The road ended and soon enough, we were walking in the familiar, vast area with the frost-covered grounds and gray, cloudy skies.

"Куда мы идем?" Feliks asked with a tentative expression. Where're we going?

"Дом из моих настоящих родителей," I replied while trekking toward the cabin that just appeared on the horizon. To my real parents' house.

"Вы нашли реальные родителей?" You found your real parents?

I tilted my head from side to side. "Ну, вроде. Они мертвы, но...я нашел, где они жили." Well, kind of. They're actually dead, but...I found out where they used to live.

"Ой..." Aw... Feliks slipped his hand out from my grasp and swung his arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. "Я прошу прощения." I'm sorry.

"Это прекрасно," I breathed out with a sigh as we neared the cabin. It's fine.

We halted in front of the front steps of the lonely cabin. It was completely silent except for the occasional cawing of birds that passed by. The cabin though still looked exactly the same: same shape, same state...just a whole lot more gloomier. I couldn't believe I lived here though...for a little bit, but still this was the place I once called home.