15

Everybody, there's an unidentified aircraft coming toward our base and it has its weapons aimed at us. Execute the Hijacking Plan to get it off our tail! Poncho ordered us through our iPads.

I heard the rumbling of the aircraft heading our way, making me look up at the ceiling with a frown. "We gotta get this plane out of here..." I muttered to myself as I dismissed the message. "I got a better plan to do that." I pushed the chair away from my desk and stood up. "We're gonna take it down." I then walked out of my room and over to the main room.

I met up Andrea and Cade at the main table, surrounding it.

"Okay, so you're here," Andrea told me, pointing at me. "All we're just waiting for is Katt and then we'll go over the plan--"

"I got a plan," I told her.

She shot me a frown with with eyebrows knitted together. "We already have one though."

"No." I shook my head. "I got a better one."

She fully turned to face me. "Russia, I'm sorry, but Poncho told us to use the Hijacking Plan and that's what we're gonna use."

"What if instead of making the plane go away, we can shoot it down so that it won't come again?" I crossed my arms with a serious look.

There was silence.

"That sounds more efficient actually," Cade spoke up.

Andrea extended her hands out. "But we can't go against Poncho's plans!"

"If Poncho's plan was for us to jump off a cliff, would we do that?" Cade asked her.

"Yeah, 'cause we're able to fly," she shot a look at him with irritation.

"And with my plan, we don't need Katt, so we can get started right away," I added on.

Andrea turned to me with her jaw dropped. "Are you saying to leave a team member behind?"

"Are you saying to wait here longer and let the plane shoot us?" I shot at her back.

She stepped back a bit with pressed lips while thinking. "Okay, fine," she said sternly. "I'm gonna accept this for the sake of our base and our lives because we do need to get on with this mission." She letted out a loud breath. "What's the plan, Russia?"

I smirked. "It's easy. Follow me." I nodded my head toward the aircraft hangers and began walking out of the building.

«««««»»»»»

"Okay," I started with my hands gripped onto the jet controllers while having my eyes on the mini jet that was in front of me. "We're in this jet and Freshman's out in that little jet. When I say that it's good, he's going to shoot a missile at the plane." I pointed ahead of the mini jet, straight at a massive, black aircraft that was looming behind the clouds.

"And what are we gonna be doing exactly?" Andrea asked me; she was sitting in the passenger's seat.

"I'm gonna tell Freshman when to shoot and you..." I looked at her. "...can watch."

"So Cade is going to shoot that massive thing down?" She extended her hand at it.

I looked back through the cockpit window. "Yup. Just shoot it at the right place." I then pressed the radio button that was in the middle of the control buttons. "Freshman?" I called out into it.

"Yeah?" Cade's voice crackled from the other side.

"Get into position, I'll tell you when you're good to shoot."

"Okay."

I letted go of the button and leaned back in my seat, placing my free hand back on the handles. I stared at the mini jet as it slowly turned down and to the dropped toward the left.

"I have a really bad feeling about his," I heard Andrea tell me.

"You always have a bad feeling about everything," I told her.

"What if Poncho finds out we're going against his plan though‽"

I kept my eyes on the jet. "He won't--we won't tell."

"You're crazy."

"No, I'm just not stupid."

The roaring of the unknown aircraft grew louder, but Cade still wasn't in the good position yet.

"Russia...?" I heard Andrea start saying with concern.

"Don't worry, I know it's getting close, Freshman's just not in position yet--"

"Well, he better get into position or else he's gonna get shot down!" she yelled.

"Stop yelling, not doing any good! Just wait!"

"We can't wait! He's gonna get killed by that aircraft if he's there any longer!"

I stared at the mini jet, which was now a bit lower than before, yet still not in its right position. "Not yet, he's almost there..."

"Okay, Russia, he's gotta get out of there! He's got to get outta there now! Get him out!"

"No!" I snapped. "He's almost there!"

"He's gonna get killed any moment, pull him out!!!"

"NO! I got this!" I shouted. Then I saw that he was in perfect position. I immediately pressed my finger on the radio button. "Freshman--"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooommmmm...

I sat up straight, seeing thick, dark smoke rising from below the jet I was in. "O нет..." Oh no... I turned to my right to face Andrea, but I saw that her seat was empty and the passenger's door was wide open, letting in harsh winds.

I hated to think of it, but my plan had failed. Why?