16

"What. Just. Happened...out there?" Poncho asked us with a serious tone.

Andrea and I were back at the base, which was thankfully still standing, in Poncho's office. Apparently, the aircraft had no intention of shooting it down.

Andrea dipped her head. I just stared out to a side with my arms crossed, trying to not make eye contact with him.

"One of you guys need to talk," I heard Poncho telling us.

It's not going to be me, I thought to myself.

"Hen, would you mind telling me what happened?"

I turned to look at Andrea, who was already looking at me; she looked very scared and anxious.

She then faced Poncho. "Russia proposed a plan of his own and I accepted it," she replied calmly.

Poncho faced me with a surprised look. "How many times do I have to tell you not to go against my own plans with your own?"

"It sounded better. It was better. It went wrong because Freshman went too slow." I glared at him.

He turned to both of us. "If you would've just accepted my plan, Freshman would not be in the hospital wing right now. You guys know it's a rule to follow my orders, right?"

"Your plan was stupid, mine was better," I shot at him, beginning to feel angry.

"Okay, so tell me how your plan was better if it costed a successful mission and Freshman," he shot back at me with his voice rising.

"It could've been well if we came earlier to the site and Freshman was too slow!"

"Well, if he was too slow, you should've taken his place instead of relying on him--"

"Don't tell me what to do--"

"Guys, please, stop!" Andrea shouted at us.

I leaned away from Poncho's desk and against the chair; Poncho did the same.

"Look, it's my fault for accepting Russia's plan," she told us, pointing to herself.

"How is it your fault, Hen?" Poncho asked her, placing his elbows on his desk.

"Because I went against your plan. I didn't hold my ground that well. I just went with what was best at that moment. I should've stuck to your plan and not've listened to Russia... I'm sorry for failing you there." She frowned with guilt.

"I know you could be stronger," he told her while nodding his head.

I was beginning to feel like as if I was the bad guy. This is not my fault...

Poncho turned to look at both of us. "I am not going to punish you guys for your disobedience because that would just be a set back to our overall mission. But I am going to ask for you guys to follow my plans because I select the best ones so that the mission would be a success. So, Russia--" He looked at me. "--don't go on and make your own plans anymore. Do you understand?"

"But what if my plans are better than yours?" I asked him.

He shook his head he with a serious look. "They'll never be. Quite trying. Just do what I ask you to do for once, okay? I'm the leader here, not you."

What he told me felt like a boulder being hurled over to me when I wasn't ready to catch it. I did not want to accept that, I know what was best for me. I just ignored it as best as I could.

"Okay?" Poncho pressed on.

I no longer wanted to speak to him, but I wanted to give him the message that I wasn't going to conform to his ways. So with the roll of my eyes, I pushed myself off from my seat, turned around, and walked out from his office. I don't care.

I walked across the main room and over to the hallway where the rooms were located. I went all the way to the end where mine was at and with a push of a button I entered into it and closed the door behind me.

"Они могут сказать мне, что я ошибаюсь, но я не собираюсь слушать," I muttered to myself harshly as I pulled out the chair of my desk and sat in it. They can tell me that I'm wrong, but I'm not going to listen. I placed my elbows on the top of the desk and put my face in the palms of my hands with a groan.

I suddenly heard a THUMP! coming from behind me. I immediately spun around in my chair to see what or who made that sound, but all I saw was some type of familiar black smoke fading away. Smoke... The Enemy? No... I turned to my right since that was where the smoke was streaking toward, but the walkway between my closet and bed was empty. "Hm."

I gradually began facing back to the desk when I suddenly felt someone grabbing onto my shoulder and pulling me backwards. Before I was able to make a sound from my mouth, another hand shot up from the left side and covered it. I attempted to squirm around from the position I was in to break loose, but I was too late: I saw the scenery of my room began to blast into a smoky darkness as I felt streaks of wind speed from behind me.

'Что происходит?' I thought to myself. What is going on?

The scenery then settled into a different setting: A small, square-shaped room made up of concrete bricks, dim lighting, and a black, barred gate in front of me. I no longer felt the hands on me which brought me relief. But when I looked up to see who was looming over me from the other side of the barred wall, my heart dropped in shock.

"Missed me..., Sasha?" The Enemy asked with a huge, evil smirk on his face.