36

Now it was just Aderyn and me in the the room alone.

I felt uncomfortable in the state I was in, but I had no choice but to stay put the way I was. I hope that I would be able to get back to normal as soon as possible in order to get back with life and figure it out. Maybe Aderyn would know when I can get my lower half of my body back.

"So, tell me, Alek," Aderyn started as she began pacing back and forth in front of me, "do you know your basic information, like where you're from, how old you are...?" She halted in front of me with her hands clasped behind her back.

"Um..." I thought for a moment, then the information came to me. "Yeah, I know that I'm from St. Petersburg and I'm seventeen years old."

"Ummm..." She looked uncertain for a bit, but continued on with the questions. "And when's your birthday?"

I made an odd look. I remembered the word 'birthday,' but I don't remember what it meant. "Um, January?" was my first guess.

Aderyn nodded her head and gave the motion for me to continue speaking.

"January," I said again.

"January what?"

"Wha?"

"What's the date you were born in?"

I paused for a moment. "Birthday is the day I was born in?"

"Yes." She nodded her head. "Date, month, and year."

I nodded my head, now understanding what it meant. "January..." I then began stumbling on my English mentally, since I did not know how to say the rest of my birthday in that language. "...седьмой, 2026," I finished off in Russian. ...seventh,

Aderyn had a bewildered expression on her face with wide eyes. "Can you say that in English?"

I shrugged. "I don't know how."

"Well, at least you know your birthday, right?" She threw her hands up in the air.

"Yeah." I nodded my head.

"Okay, good. So now..." She gave the impression of thinking deeply by her facial expression. "...do you know where you're at? Like which country?"

I gazed around my surroundings, hoping it would give me some type of hint since I had no clue where I was. "No..." My eyes landed back on her.

"Well, that's fine since you've been enclosed here for the past year..." She looked behind her should to see the rest of the room that she stood in front of. "You're still here in the wonderful, supernatural state of Lanston--"

"But wait," I cut in, "how did I get knocked out?"

Aderyn snapped her head back at me. "You don't know how?"

"No, but Xavier told me I was caught in an explosion... Is that right?" I made a concerned look.

"Yeah, you were." She nodded her head.

"But how did that happen? Why was I there when an explosion happened? How did I get myself there?"

"Well..." She scratched her head in deep thought. "...from what Xavier told me, you were trying to save the leader of HEROES..." She dropped her hand down.

"'Leader of HEROES?'"

"Yeah, the leader of the group you were in. It was a group that was formed to protect the school that you guys were going to from Jake McCoy, a good-guy-turned-into-villain, whose intention was to destory the school in order to get the Machine Of the World and open it up to gain Inverse Omnipotence."