"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Vik shook her head, huge tears running down her face.

"I had no one to tell Pheo. I was all alone."  she looked to her lap and she sobbed softly her shoulders shaking gently, I stood from my spot on my bed and gathered her in my arms.

She sobbed into my torso while I rubbed her back gently and smoothed her hair. All while she held onto me like it was a dream, and I was slipping through her fingers.

"It's all going to be ok Vik, I'm here now. I'm not going to let any one hurt you, ever again." I closed my eyes as I felt tears fall from them, I don't care what anyone said. Fate brought me this broken soul to fix and keep safe. I was going to do just that.

~~~~

"So how are you a You know.... wolf?" Viktoria finally broke the silence after an hour. I looked at her and smirked.

"I was born this way." I said yawning, Vik yawned after me and bit her lip softly afterward.

"Oh.... Can you like be um.... Turned into One?" she asked with a blush flooding her cheeks. I pulled my lips into my mouth and nodded slowly.

"Yeah, once you mate you know with your mate?" I meant it as a statement but it came out more as a question, Vik chuckled and then her eyes widened. She shot away from me her eyes wide and her cheeks flushed red.

"So I think I know what a mate is but can you elaborate for me?" she asked shifting closer to the edge of the bed. I raised a brow and nodded.

"Well it's said that before the world is the way it is today, that each human originally had four arms, four legs and a head with two different faces. Fearing the powers that they could possess Zeus separated them into two different beings, condemning them to spend the rest of their lives searching for their other half, Their perfect match. Humans have their own halves as well as wolves, but since wolves mate for life we have a stronger connection to our mates, making it that much easier to find them. But not completely without challenge. But some never get to find the pure bliss of getting a mate." I said trying to remember the folk lure my grandmother told me. Vik nodded and then bit her lip, harder then necessary. I put my fingers under her chin and gently forced her head up, her eyes met mine.

"What's Wrong Vik?" I asked my brow creased in worry, she took her face from my grasp and her eyes fell in her lap.

"A-Am I y-your M-mate?" she asked her gaze locked on her lap and a tremble in her voice. I was taken back by the fear and sadness surrounding her words and my heart hurt. I sat up and pulled her into a hug which she reluctantly returned. I kissed her head and chuckled softly, she pulled away and met my eyes a questioning look fixated deep within them.

"No Vik I'm one hundred percent gay." a smile found it's way onto her face again as she tackled me into a hug.

"Good cause I couldn't loose my best friend again." she said into my ear, I chuckled tightening my grip on her. She pulled away. "So there's a legend on 'mates,' " she said forming air quotes around the word and I smirked. "What's the legend on how you turned to wolves." my smirk widened and I started to chew on my tongue.

"Ah well there are a few myths and legends to this one. One of them is of when the god Zeus tried to get some kindness from the vicious Arcadian King Lycaon, the King recognized the God and tried to kill him by having him feed on human flesh. Zeus caught onto The King' plan and destroyed the palace in an outrage and condemned Lycaon to spend the rest of his life as a wolf." I said Vik looked enthralled with the myths and legends I've been telling.

"Do you want to know the other legends?" Vik nodded viciously fast and I chuckled at her reaction. "Ok well another myth is when Zeus went to separate the double bodied creatures that something went wrong and then some got wolf D.N.A. infused in theirs, turning them into half wolves half human." the few words already rolling past my lips had Viktoria in another wondered trance.