"I know that it would be more of an adjustment, trust is so hard to get now." she said her voice quivering. I grunted in agreement. "D-Did you get the message?" she asked, I nodded looking at her I saw tears streaming from her eyes and pulled her in for a hug. She winced slightly as I held her, I pulled her away

"I'm sorry too tight?" She shook her head and lifted up her shirt, there were dark blue, purple and yellow bruises on her ribs, old and new, right below her bra. Anger flowed through me. You could make out where the fingers of their hand lied the bruising was fainter but still there.

"Who the hell did this!" I seethed my voice, deepening with the beta tone. Viktoria whimpered and I sighed closing my eyes. "I'm sorry," I said cupping her cheek and wiping away a new tear. "I just hate when I can protect someone important to me and try still get hurt, no matter what I do." I whispered and she nodded

"It's ok Pheo, I know it's tough, but I'm a big girl and can take care of myself." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, I wanted to talk to her about it, prove her right. That I can be a safe place for her. Someone she can confide in for heartbreaks and a shoulder to cry on when things got bad.

"Do you wanna talk about it? You know the..." I let my words trail off hoping she'd get the message and she did, nodding slowly she spoke just above a whisper.

"Yeah, but not here and you owe me answers too." I nodded slowly and smirked,

"To my bedroom then?" I asked, she shook her head and face palmed.

"I guess you fucking pervert. But no funny business, I don't roll that way." she said as I stood. I smirked and mock saluted her, leading the way to my bedroom.

"Nice room." she said as she sat at the spinney chair in front of my desk, her legs folded under her. "Do you wanna go first or me 'cause I gots lots of questions for you." she said as she spun in the chair.

"Um... I'll go first I guess. How did they find out?" I asked slowly she grabbed onto the edge of my desk and slowly moved the chair side to side as her head lolled back, as if she were remembering.

"Well I was naïve and told a girl that I thought was my friend, she was just my step sister's lackey by the way, god the second I told her I might like girls instead of boys and she said she'd keep it a secret, only to tell my sister the next hour. She was disgusted and told my step dad, he said so many hurtful things and I didn't even know what half of it meant." she sighed and met my eyes, her eyes watery and red.

"At first it was just verbal abuse until I pissed off my step sister, so she told her dad that I came onto her and tried to touch her. That's when the physical stuff started. Little stuff at first, simple slaps and   semi- hard punches and kicks. Then it gradually got worse, I became a punching bag. I couldn't do anything right, he'd hit me for breathing and then one time he was just being an asshole and beat the shit out of me because the beer I gave him wasn't cold enough." she scoffed in pure hatred and anger, I was staring at her, speechless as she let her head loll again.

"Where was your mother in all this?" I asked and she smiled bitterly the tears finally falling.

"She ditched out as soon as she found out, left in the middle of the night. She signed me over to the bastard and his bitch." I could taste the bile rising at her word, and the way she said it made it all the more sickening. She ran her tongue along her teeth before sucking on them. "She lied to my face Phoenix. She told me she'd love me no matter what. And I believed her sick fucking words." a few minutes passed of silence, it seemed to be the kind where you question if words or actions are better at this point, I couldn't decide and it became silent.