Chapter 41

Adriana's POV

It was now another day of school, and I was pretty excited for it so I could see Tyler. We've actually exchanged numbers yesterday, so we've been texting nonstop.

I know it's only been about a day, but ever since we've kissed yesterday, I felt like I like him even more now. My mind basically revolved around him and only him.

I walked my way to school, and I was at my locker. I took out the books I needed, and as I closed the locker door, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I flinched a little, but I soon realized it was Tyler.

He let go after a few moments, and I turned around to face him. "Good morning beautiful," he smiled. I felt myself blush, and I said a 'good morning' back to him. It felt so nice having someone call me that again. "Are you doing better?" he asked.

"Yes actually, I feel a lot better," I told him. "And I've been thinking about us."

"What do you mean you've been thinking about us?"

"Well...I think that I wanna be with you now," I admitted.

"You don't wanna wait and see?" he asked. "Not that I don't mind being together right now, I just thought that you might wanna wait to go out."

"I do a little, but I really like you..." I said a little shyly.

"I really like you too Adriana," he said grabbing my free hand, and it caused me to look up at him. "How about I take you out on a date? We can see from there."

I smiled, and replied, "I'd love that."

"Great," he smiled back. "How about I come by your house on Saturday around noon?"

"It's a plan," I smiled again, as he did the same thing. He came a little closer to me, and I noticed he was leaning in. I don't know why but I felt a little nervous at first, even though we kissed yesterday.

I felt a zoo in my stomach as his lips touched mine, and I instantly kissed back. I felt his hand rest on one side of my waist, and his other hand on my cheek, pulling me closer to him. We were kissing for a long 10 seconds, until he slowly pulled away. A smile crept onto his face as he pulled away, and it caused me to smile also.

But I noticed Grayson over his shoulder... He wasn't too far away from us, and he was with Campbell. He probably has saw me and Tyler kiss just then, but I really don't care. Now he knows how I've felt when I've seen him kiss other girls. He knows my pain, how hurt I was.

Even if we're pretty far from him in this narrow hallway, I could see the hurt in his eyes. Even the expression on his face showed that he was hurt by what he just saw. I noticed Campbell was trying to get his attention as he was staring at me and Tyler, so that's when I brought my attention back to Tyler.

The first bell had also rung, and Tyler had asked me, "Want me to walk you to class?"

"Sure," I smiled. He grabbed my hand, and we started walking down the hallway. We had also walked past Grayson and Campbell, and I could feel Grayson's eyes on me. I gave no eye contact towards him, just my attention on Tyler.

I felt confident as I walked past him for some reason. It could be cause he's seen me hurt him, when all the other times he has hurt me. It felt really good to be honest.

"What class you have?" Tyler asked me, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, world," I told him. I actually don't have science today, but I kinda do want to have that class today somehow. I have to stay after for that class later anyway, but still.

Tyler had walked me over to my class, and we soon made it there. We both stood by the lockers, and he gave me a quick kiss goodbye. I still felt those butterflies and sparks.

***

After a long day at school, I still had to stay after to make up some work. And sadly it was science, my least favorite subject. I walked to that class after I left my locker, and Mr. Clark greeted me as I walked in. "Nice of you to join us Ms. Silva," he said. I just gave a small sympathetic smile, not knowing if he's trying to be rude or not.

I walked over to his desk, and he handed me the work I have to makeup. I thanked him, and turned around to find a seat to sit at. A few other people were in here for makeup work or detention, but I really noticed one person who was in here. Grayson.

We made eye contact as I looked up, and I looked away, walking over to my new seat in science class. I sat down with my bag right next to me, and I started to do my work.

But I soon heard someone move the chair right next to me, and as I looked to see who sat next to me, I just rolled my eyes. Grayson put his work in front of him, and said, "Hey."

"What," I said.

"I wanna talk."

"I'm doing work," I told him.

"But can we just talk for a second? I don't like how were like this," he said.

"Like what Grayson?" I said raising my voice a little louder. As soon as I said that, Mr. Clark said, "Quiet please. If you guys are going to work together, I suggest you two should whisper." Grayson and I both nodded, and the teacher looked away.

"What I mean is that I don't like how your avoiding me all the time," he explained. "I know we're broken up, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be friends."

"You hurt me pretty bad, so I don't think we should be friends," I told him.

"Can I just get a second chance?" he asked me.

"Don't you mean like your 10th chance?" I corrected. He nodded, and I sighed. "I don't know. I've given you way to many chances."

"I'm serious this time," he said, and I looked at him. "Please?" I noticed he gave me a really meaningful look. One like he really means it... Maybe I could give him another chance as just being friends, but I swear if he hurts me again in any other way, I'm literally done with him.

"Alright...fine," I let out.

"Seriously?" he asked, and I noticed his eyes lit up again. I nodded with a small, tiny smile. "I guess we're friends now," he said with a small happy smile.

"Mhm," I replied. "I just want all that stuff to be put behind us... And focus on the good stuff now."

"I agree," he smiled a little, and it caused me to do the same. I actually kinda missed making him smile, and having him do the same for me... It's a good thing we're friends now, I'm assuming.

"How's you and Tyler?" he asked breaking my thoughts away. I froze a little as he asked that. He's probably saying this since he saw me and him kiss this morning.

"Oh," I said. I have no idea what to say to answer his question. "We're good actually." He nodded, but I noticed he looked a little hurt in my response. I just tried to shrug it off.

It was a little silent between us for a few moments, until he choked out, "Can we talk about...about our breakup?"

I didn't really wanna talk about it, but I have a feeling he would keep bugging me about it if I say no. "Okay, what about it?"

"I don't know if you'll believe me on this, but...your brother was the reason for all of that to happen," he explained. I stared at him blankly trying to comprehend what he just said. I know Alex never really liked us together, but he was the reason for me to see Grayson with a girl over that day?

"Are you being serious?" I asked.

"Yes," he said. "I'm telling the truth...And if you don't wanna believe me, then you could maybe ask your brother and he could explain it more to you..."

I looked at him for a moment, then replied by saying, "Okay, thanks though." I smiled a little, and he did the same thing. I then started to think about what Grayson just told me. So Alex could be the reason for the cause of all this?