Chapter 37

Grayson's POV

It's been a rough couple days ever since we've gotten back from LA. I completely believe that everything that happened since we've came back was my fault, but Adriana didn't wanna believe it. I honesty thought we were gunna break up cause of what Campbell had did and what Adriana's mom believed.

I can't believe that her mom was going to disown her if we didn't break up, and that's when I knew we had to take a break. I wasn't too sure about running away with Adriana last night, but I didn't wanna upset her. She was going through a lot, and all she wanted to do was get away from everyone with me.

But when we came back home I felt extremely happy that Adriana and her mom talked it through, and how we can still be together. I was so relieved once Adriana texted me the good news.

I was watching tv right now with some random show on, but I wasn't really paying attention to it. I was actually on Vine, and I've gained so much followers from it. I have about close to 50k now, and I'm still surprised. I'm still even surprised that I have fans also.

My thoughts got interrupted by a knock at the door. I went over to open it, and I didn't really expect to see this person at the door as I did. "Alex?" I asked surprised. It's a little awkward since we don't really talk that much, and he has shown up at my door. "Hey Grayson," he replied. "We need to talk."

"About what?" I asked a little curiously.

"Your girlfriend...my sister..." he started. I had a feeling on what he was going to talk about, but I wasn't sure. "What about her?" I asked a little more curiously.

He sighed, and said, "You guys are breaking up, by me." My eyes went wide.

"What are you saying..."

"What I'm saying is that my mom was an idiot to let my sister still date you. What Campbell and those girls said were totally right. And I don't want my sister to stay back from school because of you," he explained. I had no idea what to respond to that. "Adriana doesn't know I'm here and that I'm doing this."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked. "Everything just started to go great once we've came back into town, but your still trying to tear our relationship back down." I was completely fine once we've came back, but Alex is all starting to mess it up again by having us breakup.

"Am I the cause of my sister failing? No. Am I the cause of her not doing work and ditching school? No. Am I the cause of giving a bad influence on her? No. Your that cause Grayson, and I want my sister away from it," he growled. I sighed, and I felt a little hurt by his words. "I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't want my sister to be with someone like you."

"But Adriana promised to keep up her grades and be the good person she was before she dated me. She will go back to it, I promise you Alex," I told him.

"Look, I know, but she's changed. Even if everything is fine now between you and her, and her and my mom, but Adriana is a little bit different," he said. "She's gained such an attitude at some times, and she always wants to make herself right in situations. She's rude about most things too, and I definitely know that's not the sister I know."

"So you think that's all my fault? Because of me?" I asked.

"Yeah, you are Grayson...Ever since you guys started dating, she started to turn like that. Like I said, I'm not trying to be rude, but your the cause of it. You guys need to break up, or else she could become worse."

"Why do you want us to break up so bad? I don't think I can break up with her, even if I don't feel the need to," I said.

"That's why I'm having her break up with you," he explained. "I can send her over tomorrow over here, and she'll see you with a girl over. She'll obviously get the message, and break up with you." He paused, then continued. "All you have to do is hang around with a girl over here, and she'll see you when she comes by."

"I've hurt her many other times like that...I don't think I could do that again." I honesty can't do this to Adriana. I'd feel completely guilty and horrible for what I'm doing to her. "Well do you wanna do that? Or do it face to face?" he asked. I honestly can't do it face to face either, that'd be worse for me.

I sighed, and said, "Send her over tomorrow...I'll have someone over..." I still can't believe I'm still going with this. "Awesome. So it's a deal?" he said sticking out his hand.

"Deal," I said lightly, and slowly shook his hand. He let out a small, slight smile, and nodded his head in a goodbye as he was walking back to his car. I went inside to close the door, and I leaned back against the door thinking about what just happened between us. I can't believe I just agreed to Alex's plan. Why did I just agree to do hurt Adriana?

***

Adriana's POV

I woke up the next morning by the sound of my alarm clock. I groaned, and got out of my bed to stretch. I'm just glad school while be over soon, and it'll be summer.

I did my usual routine to get ready in the morning, and Grayson soon came by to pick me up. He acted a little bit different today as he picked me up and on the ride to school, but I just decided to shake it off and try not to think about it.

We soon made it to school, and he came with me by my locker. "So whose house are we going over today?" Grayson asked me as I was taking some books out of my locker.

"I actually can't hang out," I said with a said face. "I have to stay after school for a couple weeks to pick up my grades." I closed my locker, and said, "Maybe after we can." I grabbed his hand after that, and started walking down the hall.

"I don't know," he said.

"Why not? You busy?" I asked. "I finally got my license so I can ride by myself now. I could just drive by later."

"I don't know," he repeated.

"Gray, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Something really seems off. He's gotta be lying if he's acting like this. "Are you lying to me?" I asked. "Telling the truth is one of the most important things in a relationship."

"No, I'm not lying! I might be busy later with homework or some vines Ethan wants to film," he said.

"You know, I could come by and you could be busy with something else," I smirked. He through his head back in laughter, and said, "We'll see." We soon made it towards a group of Grayson's friends, and I saw Julia. I went over to her, and gave her a quick hug. "I heard about what happened between you and Grayson the last couple days," she said.

"Yeah," I replied. "But everything is perfectly fine between us now," I said with a smile. We both started talking about something else random, until I heard someone say my name. I turned around, and saw Tyler coming up to me saying, "Adriana!"

"Hey Tyler!" I greeted. "I haven't seen you in so long."

"Me neither! How was LA?" he asked.

"It was so fun! You should really come with us next time," I smiled, and so did he. "What'd you do over the break?"

"Oh, just sleep, and skate with Ryan at the park," he laughed, and so did I. "So, how's you and Grayson?"

"It's good," I replied. "A few things came up in between, but we're still good."

"That's going good," he said, and I saw that he didn't look to interested in my response. It's probably cause he still likes me, but I can't really do anything about it when I'm with Grayson.

I also noticed that Grayson is still acting different. Ever since he's picked me up this morning, he's been acting a bit weird, and I have no idea why. I really wanna know why, cause I really don't want anything else to happen that'll cause a bump in our relationship.