Chapter 17

Grayson's POV

Today was now Monday, sadly. I got up this morning and I got ready for school. I just wore what I casually wear everyday. I decided to eat breakfast this morning, and I met Ethan in the kitchen. As I was pouring myself a bowl of cereal, Ethan mumbled a "Good morning."

I said the same thing back, and I started to eat my cereal next to him. "Are you using the car today?" I asked him.

"No, Julia's picking me up," he said.

"Okay, good," I said.

"Why are you asking? So you can pick up the new girl?" he asked with a little smirk.

"It's been a few weeks so she's not that new anymore," I told him. "But yeah..."

"What's going on with you and her though? Are you guys together or something?" This kid and his damn questions.

"Yes, we're together," I said. "Since yesterday."

"So I guess you took my advice about relationships," he smirked.

"Yeah, yeah," I said in a tone meaning how I don't care about what he's saying. I started to text Adriana about picking her up for school, and she texted me back a few minutes later saying I could.

"Do you really think you can hold this relationship?" he asked.

"I think I can," I told him. "At least I hope. I really like her, so I think it can work out."

"Just don't mess around with other girls. That's all I gotta tell you," he said. I put my bowl in the sink as I finished eating, and I picked up my bag and car keys. I said my goodbyes to Ethan for now since his girlfriends gunna be picking him up, and I headed outside to the car to pick up Adriana.

I'm honestly happy to call her my girlfriend. It's a little weird for me though since I've never exactly had one, but I feel good about this one. I'm gunna try my hardest to not go for other girls. Cause if that happens, I know I'll break Adriana's heart, since I can really tell she likes me back. All I'm hoping for is a nice relationship with a girl I actually like, and not for just using them.

I soon made it to her house in 5 minutes, and I texted her that I was here. Seconds later, her beautiful self finally came outside. She gave a smile as soon as she saw me, and she came to the passengers side of the car. Once she came inside, I said, "Good morning princess."

"Morning," she smiled a little wider, and pecked my lips. Even if that kiss was only a second, I still felt sparks through it. I started to drive off to school, holding onto Adriana's hand the whole time.

Adriana's POV

Grayson picked me up for school again today, and I'm starting to think this is gunna be an on-going thing. I'm still a little surprised on how we're a couple, but I'm happy about it. We had a little conversation on our ride to school, and we made it there in a couple minutes. We both got out, and Grayson met with me on my side.

He grabbed my hand, and we starting walking inside the school. But I started to notice that some people were staring at us. They were even staring at us before when we weren't together, and it was after the date we had. It's starting to bug me a little bit on how some people keep staring. It's probably surprising to them how Grayson's been with the same girl for a little over a week now, but still.

Grayson took me to my locker, and I got a couple books. As we were walking down the hallway hand in hand, I decided to ask him about it. "Have you noticed that some people keep staring at us?"

"A little bit, why?" he asked.

"I don't know...it just bothers me a little bit about it."

"It's probably because of me," he said.

"Like how you'd be with another girl and not the same one?"

"Well...yeah..." he said looking away. "But they can think what they want cause the only girl I'm gunna be with is you."

"Awe," I cooed, and I kissed his cheek. I saw him smile and blush a little, which I thought was cute. We soon made it to a group of people who are Grayson's friends. I didn't know any of them except for Ethan and his girlfriend Julia. Grayson introduced me to them, and it was a little awkward for me.

They all started talking, and I was basically next to Grayson awkwardly. I would talk to Julia, but she was talking to these other girls who looked like they'd be a little stuck up. Reasons why I hate being new. I soon saw Campbell, Samantha, and Hailey walking by us in the hallway. I saw them give a glance towards me, and they all gave a dirty look. I was a little confused for a second on why they did that, but I soon figured out why.

It's probably cause I'm with Grayson. I feel like I should talk to them, since they are basically the only other friends I've made since I've came here. "Gray, I'm gunna go see my other friends," I told him.

"But I'll miss you," he said sticking his bottom lip out like he's gunna cry.

"I'll see you later in class though," I said with a little smile.

"Alright," he said, and he kissed my lips for a few seconds. I could even hear some of his friends say "Oooh" and "Get it". We pulled away, and he held onto my hand as I was starting to walk away. He was trying to hold onto my hand like I couldn't get away, which I thought was a little cute. He soon let go of me, and we started to smile and laugh at each other. I soon started to walk away, and catch up to my friends.

As I finally did, I said, "Hey," to them.

"Hi," Samantha said with a straight face.

"Look, I can tell you guys are mad at me."

"I wouldn't say mad, but I'd say a little more like confused and played by," said Hailey.

"Hailey," Campbell said in a stern tone towards her. She then turned to me and asked, "What was that?"

"What was what? Me being with Grayson?" I asked them, and they nodded.

"Weren't you just crying over him two days ago on how he was with another girl? And now today, your all over him like nothing even happened?" Campbell said.

"That's a little true, but I wouldn't say that I was just all over him right then," I told them.

"What's going on with you and him? Like this is getting confusing," said Samantha.

"Grayson and I are...together..." I let out.

"Together? As meaning a couple?" Hailey asked.

I nodded, and replied saying, "Yup, since yesterday."

"This has got to be a joke," said Hailey.

"Really?" asked Samantha.

"Why do you guys hate him so much? He's not so much of a bad guy, I'm telling you," I told them.

"We don't hate him, we just dislike him," said Hailey.

"Adriana, your so blind. He's obviously being in a 'relationship' with you so he could use you. He's probably waiting to do stuff with you since you probably don't want to right now. You need to break up with him so he won't play you," Campbell told me. Why do they think they can just say that to my face?

"How do you know that? Has he told you that or something? He's not gunna play me, I know he isn't. You guys always tell me the same shit about this, and it's starting to get annoying," I said.

"I'm sorry, all of us are," said Campbell. "We just don't want you to get hurt, and we're your friends."

"I know, but I don't think I will." After I said that, the first bell rang for first period. "And if your my real friends, then you'd support me in this relationship." And with that, I started walking to my first period class which was English. I started to think about what I said to them, and I actually feel kinda bad on how I said that right in front of their faces.

I probably hurt their feelings, and I feel bad about that. But what I told them is the truth. Hopefully they will actually take that word of advice, and be the friends they should be.