Chapter 13

Adriana's POV

Friday. Today was Friday. Also known as the date I have tonight with Grayson. I've been nervous all week for it, and I'm 10 times more nervous tonight. It was about 5:30 now, or maybe even a little past that. I decided on getting ready now, since he's coming here at 7 o'clock.

I didn't really plan on taking a shower, since I took one last night. I made my way to the bathroom, and I started to straighten my long, wavy brown hair. It was wavy today since I left it like that for school. It only took me about a half hour to straighten it, and moved onto makeup after that.

I started putting on some eyeshadow, which was a tan shade. It wasn't too tan though. After that, I added some winged eyeliner, and then mascara. I even added some pink lipstick to my lips. I then went into my bedroom after that to pick out something to wear.

After about 10 minutes on deciding what to wear, I finally decided on wearing a tan, sweater liked long-sleeved crop top, with black high waisted jeans, matched with my dark blue converse. As I was tying my shoes, my mom has come through my door.

"What are you getting all dolled up for?" she asked.

"I have a...a date," I told her.

"Ooh, with who?" she said with a smirk.

"Grayson..." I said a little quieter.

"I had a feeling it was him!" she squealed.

"Mom," I said in a tone to make her stop talking about it.

"I'm sorry Adriana. I'm just happy my baby girl has a date with a nice boy," she smiled.

"It's fine, I get it."

"Well, I'll leave you to finish getting ready," she said starting to leave.

"Don't embarrass me when he gets here," I said standing up.

"I won't, I won't," she laughed. She left after that, and I went over to my bureau. I added some deodorant to myself, and I sprayed some of my perfume. I took my phone off the charger, and I noticed that the time was 7 o'clock. My heart started to beat a little faster as I noticed it was that time.

I went over to my mirror, and I looked at myself. I checked myself for a couple minutes making sure I looked perfect for this date. I think I looked pretty presentable for it. My thoughts got cleared away once I heard the doorbell ring. My heart started to race even more.

I put my phone in my back pocket, and I raced downstairs. I saw my mom was about to open the front door, but I ran as fast as I could up to her so she can't open it. I held onto her arm and said out of breath, "I got it."

"Okay," she laughed, and started to walk away. I calmed myself for a second before I opened the door. My heart raced even more as I opened up the door, revealing Grayson. He had a smile on his face as I opened it, and I smiled back.

"Hi," I said with a smile.

"Hi," he smiled back. "You look...amazing." I looked down towards the ground trying to hide my red cheeks. I bit my lip, and I looked back at him.

"Thanks," I smiled even more.

"Hi!" I heard my mom say out of nowhere. I thought she left? I really hope she won't embarrass me. "It's nice to see you again!"

"It's nice to see you again Ms. Sil- I mean Jenn," he said with a little laugh.

"Yes, just call me Jenn. I don't wanna be one of those snobby moms who want to be called by their last name," she laughed.