Chapter 14

Adriana's POV

It's back to Monday again, and I'm kinda looking forward to it. After we left the carnival on Friday, Grayson took me back home. We even switched numbers, and we've been texting nonstop all weekend. All I could think about was the kiss we had on the Ferris Wheel throughout the weekend. But we aren't together, yet at least.

I got up this morning at the usual time I get up for school, and I got ready. I decided on wearing ripped skinny jeans, with a cute top, matched with my black combat boots. I left my hair in its wavy style and I touched it up a bit. For makeup, I just did some eyeliner and mascara. As I was taking my phone off the charger, I noticed I had gotten a text.

Grayson: Want me to pick you up for school?
Me: Sure
Grayson: K I'll be over in 5

I put my phone in my pocket after that, and I put on some deodorant and perfume. I started making my way downstairs, and I saw my mom dressed nicely as I came down. "Hey mom," I said.

"Hi sweetie," she said with a little smile.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Oh! I start my first day at my new job!"

"That's great! I'm happy you got a job," I congratulated her, and I gave her a hug. She hugged me back, and we pulled away after a couple seconds.

"Thank you Adriana. I'm gunna be leaving in a few, so do you want me to drop you off at school?"

"Actually Grayson's gunna pick me up and take me to school," I told her.

"Oh okay," she said with a smirk, and I just rolled my eyes. As I was picking up my bag, my phone buzzed in my back pocket. It was a text from Grayson saying he was here.

"I'll see you later," I said to my mom as I made it to the front door.

"Have a good day at school honey!" she called out. I waved bye, and I started heading out the door. As I was closing the door, I bumped into Grayson not knowing he was there.

"Woah, sorry," I said as I looked up. "I didn't know you were gunna come up to the door."

"It's fine babe," he smirked, and took my hand. I felt butterflies in my stomach when he called me babe. He led me to his car, and we got in. He started to drive off, and I said, "Thanks for giving me a ride."

"It's no problem," he replied. We talked for a little bit during the ride, and we made it to school in less than five minutes. We then got out, and Grayson met with me on my side. He intertwined his fingers with mine, and kissed the top of my head. I smiled at him, and he did the same back. We started walking in the school doors, and a few people started looking at us.

I tried to ignore them, but I wonder why they kept staring at us. I was brought out of my thoughts when Grayson asked, "Need to go to your locker?"

"Yeah," I told him. Once we got to my locker, I opened it, and got the books I needed. Grayson stood there leaning against the locker, staring down at me. "Like what you see?" I joked. I laughed, and he started to laugh too.

"Yeah I actually do," he smirked, and I laughed a little. I put the books in my bag, and closed my locker door. Once I closed it, Grayson put his hand on my waist, and pulled me closer to him. I looked up at him, and bit my lip. He soon crashed his lips onto mine, and started to kiss me hard. I still felt all those sparks when he kissed me.

I've been wanting to kiss him ever since we've kissed on our date, and now he finally did. I kissed back a lot since I've been wanting to kiss him for so long. As I started to kiss him back, I could feel him smiling in the kiss. When he did that, it caused me to do the same back. He pulled away and said, "I've been wanting to kiss you for so long."

"Your not the only one who feels like that," I giggled, and he laughed a little. Not too far from us, I could see Campbell, Samantha, and Hailey over Grayson's shoulder. They were looking at us, and they didn't look too happy.

"What are you looking at?" Grayson asked.

"Oh, no one," I told him. When our eyes met, I placed my lips on his. I even put my arm around his neck to pull him closer to me. He still had his arm on my waist, and he pulled me closer to him.

We were like that for about a minute, until we pulled away from the bell ringing to go to our first period class. I wasn't hoping to go to class right now. "Let me walk you to class?" Grayson said in more of a question. I nodded, and we started walking to my first period class which was geometry.

***

It's now lunch, and I started making my way to the cafeteria. I didn't have this lunch with Grayson which sucks. But I do have it with Samantha, Hailey, and Campbell. As I walked in, I started heading to the table I usually sit at. I saw them three sitting in their usual seats, and I sat in a seat right next to Hailey. "Hey," I smiled at them as I sat down.

"Hey," they said back.

"So what's up?" I asked them trying to start a conversation.

"What's up with you?" Samantha said.

"What?" I said a little confused.

"We saw you with Grayson this morning," she said.

"Yeah, he picked me up this morning to go to school," I told them.

"And you guys were all over each other at your locker," Hailey rolled her eyes.

"We weren't that bad. I didn't kiss him that much," I said.

"Yeah but he will a lot tonight," Hailey said.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked them.

"We just don't want you to get hurt," Samantha said.

"Okay, literally every time I talk about Grayson and stuff, you guys are never happy about it. You guys seem a little over protective when I'm with him. I like him, so why can't you guys just support me about it?" I let out. It's honestly so stupid when they act like that.

"It's not that we don't support you, it's just that we don't want him in your pants. And then the next day you'd see him with another girl, and you'd get heartbroken about it. We just don't want that to happen to you," Campbell explained.

"Just trust me. I won't ever let him get that far with me. And he won't be with another girl the next day. I know you have a feeling like that will happen, but I don't think it will," I said.

"You don't think it will but it will happen," said Samantha.

"We're sorry we seem a little over protective but like we said, we don't want you to get hurt," Hailey said.

"I know," I said. "I'm telling you that I don't think I'll get hurt from him. But I'll just leave it from there cause I hate talking about this."

"We hate talking about it too," Campbell laughed a little, and so did the rest of us. We started to talk about something else after that. But it is true though. I hate how they are over protective about Grayson and I 'being together'. I know we aren't, but I feel like we will. I don't think he'd go off to another girl, since he feels the same way I feel about him. I just hope we'd be together soon.