t e n

as soon as they left the room, mark turned to jaebum and screamed,"are you nuts? why did you say that it was your fault? you guys are just rookies! do you want to get your whole group fired?!"

"but it was the truth isn't it?" jaebum retorted.

"that's not the point-" mark was cut off.

"let's not quarrel. especially when we're going to be around each other 24/7 for the next three days." jinyoung the peacemaker stepped in.

"yeah! let's discuss what we should have for dinner!" bambam said excitedly.

"this is more of a reward than a punishment. well done you two." yugyeom commended.

-

day one

11 a.m. - the boys have placed their orders for lunch and were just lounging around, waiting for the delivery guy.

"why are we eating lunch so early? we just had our breakfast an hour ago!" jinyoung asked.

"what else do you want to do? all we can do is eat and sleep." jackson said.

"this won't do. let's do something more productive. like clean the house?" jinyoung said.

all the other members grunted, not paying any attention to what jinyoung said.

mark stood up from the couch and said,"alright, let's go. where do you want to clean first?"

jinyoung shook his head at the other boys' laze before turning to mark and saying,"we could clean your room?"

"yeah sure. it has gotten quite messy ever since I moved in."

11.30 a.m. - they've cleared mark's room. well technically it was jaebum, youngjae and mark's room.

to be fair, jaebum and mark's corners were fairly neat but youngjae... he had his laundry strewn all over the place, food wrappers carelessly tossed on the floor.

"finally." mark sighed as he picked up the last piece of trash from the floor.

"I think we're quite done here. want to go to my room next?" jinyoung suggested.

"sure."

jinyoung led mark into his room.

"you're very... neat." mark commented, impressed by the state of jinyoung's room.

jinyoung scratched the back of his head and chuckled.

"oh yeah! you want to try my guitar again?" jinyoung asked.

before mark could reply, jinyoung had already placed the guitar strap around mark's neck.

mark's hands found their positions on the fret.

"hey! that's exactly a c major!" jinyoung exclaimed.

"oh really?" mark tried to act shocked.

"yeah! here, sit down. I'll teach you something." jinyoung pulled a chair out.

he squatted in front of mark, placing mark's fingers on the different strings.
a major, mark thought.

"that's an a major. strum once." jinyoung instructed.

mark tried to be as awkward as he could with the guitar so as to prevent jinyoung from seeing through his act.

but it was hard. he knew the instrument so well.

he strummed once.

jinyoung repositioned mark's fingers.

e major.

"that's an e major. now strum again."

mark did as he was instructed. and then jinyoung repositioned his fingers.

f sharp minor.

"alright, last chord for the verse. f sharp minor." jinyoung said.

mark already knew what song this was. kiss the rain. the one jinyoung heard him play by accident.

"perfect! this song is called kiss the rain. remember the last time I saw you play? yeah. let's go again from the top." jinyoung said.

after playing a and e major, mark purposely pretended to mess up the fingering for f sharp minor.

after multiple corrections, jinyoung was frustrated.

he walked behind mark and wrapped his arms from behind.

"like that. you see?-"

knock knock.

jinyoung and mark looked up to see jaebum standing at the door.

"the jjajangmyun is here." jaebum clenched his jaw and said curtly.

"okay. we'll be out soon." jinyoung brushed him off, wanting to get back to playing the guitar with mark.

hurt flashed through jaebum's eyes as he saw mark playing the guitar. a reminder of his drunken mistake.