t w o

by lunchtime, mark has familiarised himself with their names. so far his favourite was youngjae, who always seemed so full of life and laughter. but then there's jackson, who's very warm and outgoing and it makes him feel very comfortable. in fact, all of them seemed quite nice. well, except for jaebum. throughout the entire day, jaebum hasn't even said one word to mark.

"hey! uh, mark? was that your name? would you like to join us for lunch?" jinyoung asked.

"can... I?" mark asked, trying to read what the other members thought about it.

all of them nodded and in fact seems quite excited about the new company. except for jaebum, who was scrolling through his phone nonchalantly.

mark nodded hesitantly. as he trailed out with them, he felt jinyoung pat his back.

"don't worry. jaebum hyung is always like this with people he isn't familiar with." jinyoung said with a warm smile.

mark nodded.

inside the van, got6 began interrogating mark.

"so, how old are you?" asked bambam.

"22."

"hyung!" bambam excitedly gives mark a hug.

"hey! then you're the oldest of all of us!" yugyeom said.

"haha, I guess." mark replied.

"do you play any musical instruments?" youngjae asked.

mark froze for a moment, unsure of what his reply should be. does he? he used to but not anymore, not after the accident.

"no." mark firmly replies, determined to leave behind his past.

"ah I see." youngjae nodded.

"tell us a bit about yourself! we are usually very close with our coordis but we don't really know much about you." jackson said.

"well, I'm mark, 22 years old, I come from california-" mark was abruptly cut off by youngjae.

"hey man! what's up! my name youngjae!"

mark chuckled at youngjae's meagre grasp of the english language.

"hey man! nothing's up. my name mark!" mark imitated youngjae jokingly.

"alright, boys, we have arrived." their manager announced.

all of them excitedly hopped off the van and entered the fast food restaurant.

as they sat down to wait for their food mark asked,"jaebum ah, do you not like me or something?"

"no. why would you think that?" jaebum replied, unfazed.

"it's just, you seem to be ignoring me-"

"ya, don't compliment yourself. I just have no interest in what you're doing. you're just our coordi." jaebum said.

mark was unsure what to say. on one hand he wanted to tell jaebum off for using informal speech with him. on the other hand he wanted to address the bigger issue. "you're just our coordi"? what is that supposed to mean?

"you're so fucking rude, you know?" mark said before storming out.