t h r e e

mark flagged a cab and headed off first to their next location.

as he entered the dressing room, something on the coffee table caught his eye.

a guitar.

ever since the accident, mark has steered clear of all guitars. sure, he has passed by music shops and seen guitars on display. but this guitar. he felt an immediate attraction and connection towards it.

he reached out and felt the fine lacquer finish of the body. he used his knuckles to lightly tap on the wood, instantly recognizing it's material. flame maple wood. just like his very first guitar. he gingerly lifted the guitar and placed it on his lap.

his left hand fingers found their familiar positions as his right hand gently plucks the steel strings. however, when his right wrist swiveled in an upward motion, a sharp pain shot through his arm.

"you play?" a voice said.

mark looks up, startled by the sudden extra presence.

"jinyoung? why are you here?" mark asked.

"you left without even having anything so I thought you'd be hungry." jinyoung said as he waved at brown paper bag in front of mark's face.

"oh.. I see." mark said.

"I thought you said you don't play any musical instruments?" jinyoung raised an eyebrow.

"I... I don't. I was just trying it out." mark quickly made up a lie.

"are you sure? because those few notes that you just played belong to an actual song, you know?" jinyoung looks impressed.

yes, I know, mark thought, kiss the rain.

"it's called 'kiss the rain' by yiruma." jinyoung said.

jinyoung took over the guitar and picked up where mark left off.

"you play?" mark asked.

"yeah. why else would I have a guitar?" jinyoung laughed.

"it's yours? oh. I'm sorry." mark quickly apologized.

"don't worry about it. would you like to learn how to play? you seem pretty fated with guitars, seeing as how you can play part of a song in your first encounter with the guitar. I could teach you." jinyoung offered.

"oh.. um... it's fine really." mark was startled by the sudden proposal from jinyoung.

"alright then. hey, regarding what happened with jaebum just now. don't take it to heart, alright? he's always like this around new people." jinyoung said.

"yeah, I figured."

"oh yeah, our manager told me to pass you this."

mark opened the slip of paper:

you are to move in with the boys into their dorm. pack your belongings and move in tonight.

manager