f i v e

jinyoung woke up at 9 and went to wake mark up for some help with breakfast, seeing as he was the least drunk the night before.

"I was thinking we could make some toast and scrambled eggs?" jinyoung suggested.

"sure. I could make the toast? I'll probably set the house on fire if I even tried to use the stove." mark joked.

"luckily, you've got me. I would've been a chef if I didn't join got6!" jinyoung exaggerated.

jinyoung wasn't a good of a cook as he said he was. after overcooking some eggs, breakfast was ready.

-

sunlight spills through the windows, shining on jaebum's face.

jaebum pulled his blanket over his head in an attempt to shy away from the strong light only to be awakened by jinyoung.

"hyung. are you ok? you seemed really out of it last night." jinyoung asked.

jaebum sat up and groaned. he could already feel an impending headache.

jinyoung placed a tray onto his lap and said,"eat two of the pills and drink the tea, that should sober you up. join us for breakfast outside when you're ready. and you should start being nicer to that mark guy. he laid this blanket on you last night, you know?"

jaebum looked up, startled.

"mark did?" he asked in disbelief.

"yeah." jinyoung said with a motherly smile as he left the room.

jaebum popped 2 pills from the foil and put it into his mouth, washing it down with the calming, hot tea before heading into the living room to join the boys for breakfast.

everyone else seated at the coffee table, with the exception of mark and jinyoung, seemed equally hungover, if not more.

jinyoung waltzed into the living room, followed by mark, balancing plates and cups in both hands.

jinyoung says cheerfully,"breakfast will be some toast and scrambled eggs and milk."

everyone looked at jinyoung with the blank look.

"I honestly don't think I can stomach even if sip of milk. I want to throw up." jackson groaned.

jinyoung looked alarmed.

"throw up? uh... then just try to eat what you can you guess."

"hyung! is this burnt?" youngjae scrunched up his nose as he poked the overcooked eggs.

"ah about that..." jinyoung trails off.

"I think only the toast and milk are edible." yugyeom snickered.

jinyoung's face visibly fell.

"what are you guys talking about! this is really delicious!" mark exclaimed, shovelling forkfuls after forkfuls of eggs into his mouth.

all the members looked at him skeptically.

truth to be told, it tasted horrible. the charred eggs left a bitter aftertaste that was barely masked by the salt and pepper.

however, seeing the members criticise jinyoung's cooking so harshly made mark feel really bad. jinyoung might not have whipped up a 5-star worthy dish, but his effort was applaudable.

all the others seemed to get what mark was doing and followed suit, singing false praises for the not-so-praise-worthy plate of scrambled eggs.