Chapter 9: My Anchor

So, thank you to all of you for faving my books. I truly appreciate it. I will continue to update when I can.
__________________________

Maybe it was the way her hips swung when she walked. Or the cute giggles that escaped her when they had tickle fights. Or it was just her smile. His stomach coiled in warmth at the memory. Natsu grinned and clasped Lucy's hand tight. She looked up in surprise, her face softening. The dewdrops from the trees above then rained down on them as they scampered through it. The footpath soaked in water droplets. Lucy laughed as they ran. The rain dropping. Natsu never liked the rain, but this — this was his first good memory in it.

Natsu bound after her. His chuckles echoing hers. His arms pumped the air; pink spiky tresses darkening in the weather. His hair plastered to his forehead. Lucy's blonde strands were a dark gold. She stopped, circling a telephone pole. Natsu swung to the side. Just as he did Lucy jumped out and pecked him on the lips cheekily. He flushed and smirked grabbing her by the waist and possessively kissing her. She squeaked and played with the drenched locks of his hair near the nape of his neck. Heat seeping into her cold bones at his touch. They parted and smiled at one another.

"Let's keep walking. Before the rain gets worse." Natsu said, his hand not leaving hers. Lucy nodded as they took the footpath to school. The droplets from the sky softening. The grey clouds floated aimlessly in the dark skies as they went on their way.

The bell rang just as Natsu stepped foot into the classroom, Lucy clambering after him through the door. They scattered to their seats as Mrs Porlyusica clipped her way in, eyes narrowed. Everyone went rigid. The air was tense as she slammed a pile of textbooks down on her desk. They all jumped. Fright spun its way up their spines. Natsu fiddled with the grip of his pencil. Avoiding her gaze. She fixed her glare on him and marched towards him. "Mr Dragneel." She addressed coldly. Natsu glanced up boredly.

"Yeah?" He answered. His eyes wondering to the window. Mrs Porlyusica scowled tapping her nails on the surface of his desk.
"I'm waiting." She stated stiffly. Natsu sighed and pulled out his textbook reluctantly. She seemed satisfied and walked back to her desk. "Everyone open your textbooks to page thirty-seven."

The class dragged on. Natsu barely minded the old bags lecturing. His gaze often clinging to Lucy. Her back to him as she listened tentatively. She'd stick her tongue out in concentration. It was adorable. He chuckled. At last the bell rang. Everyone leapt out of their seats and rushed out the door. "Don't forget your homework due next week!" The teacher yelled as they all spilled out into the halls.  Natsu clasped Lucy's hand as he swam through the body of students. "Come on!" He yelled over the noise, pulling her towards the canteen/cafeteria. Lucy smiled as she squeezed past Levy who was with Gajeel.

They made it to a clean, empty table and plopped themselves down. Natsu grinned. He'd just grabbed everything to eat. Literally. Lucy grimaced as he bit into a huge chunk of chicken. She delicately spooned a mouthful of yoghurt into her mouth. Strawberry filling her mouth. Lucy pursed her lips as she ate another mouthful. Natsu was now getting into a plate of fries. His canines glinting in the light. She resisted the urge to slap him. Gray and Erza soon joined them. Erza, per usual, had a slice of strawberry short cake. Gray had ice cream despite the cold weather.

"Hey Droopy eyes!" Called Gray as Natsu glanced up, mid chunk of chicken wings. He glared menacingly at Gray.

"Fwuq you wunt?" Natsu garbled. Forcing down his food. Gray laughed. "Chew before ya swallow." And with that Natsu lunged.

"Shut up stripper!"
__________________________