Chapter 6: A date

Well I've finally got my creative juices flowing so I can write again. And tests are out of the way thankfully. So please enjoy!
__________________________
The pink petals of the now blooming cherry blossoms floated down aimlessly landing on the sleeping blonde. She lay upon the trunk of the tree dreaming of happier days. Her small pink lips in a pout and her doe brown eyes hidden be beneath her eyelids. Natsu kneeled down in front of her quietly and brushed her bangs from her face. She stirred slightly; opening her eyes. "Natsu?"

He jumped back losing his balance. He landed in a crumpled mess on the ground with his butt up in the air and his face eating dirt. He pushed himself up and spat out chunks of grass. "Bleh!" Lucy giggled and crawled over to him. Laughing, she sat in his lap as he combed his fingers through her hair. Lucy let out a loud 'eep!' as he buried his nose in her hair. "You smell like strawberries and vanilla, Luce." She blushed and tried to crawl out of his grip. "Natsu~!" She whined.

He merely smirked and sniffed her neck. "Kyaaa! Natsu! No!" She grumbled pulling herself free. He pouted and leaned back with crossed arms. His salmon hair waved as the wind blew through it. Natsu rubbed his eyes to remove his bangs from his face. Lucy gave him a soft smile and got up. She offered her hand to him. He took it allowing her feeble form to lift him to his feet. "We should get to class."

They ventured through the swarm of human bodies to their next class. Natsu growled under his breath as he shoved his way through everyone with Lucy on tow. Gray sat as usual up the front with Juvia right behind him; swooning. Erza sat in the middle row reading what Lucy assumed was a book about strawberry short cake. Levy sat with a pile of books on her desk hungrily consuming all the knowledge she could gain from each page, Gajeel watched in amusement not letting his 'tough guy' facade drop. Everyone was pretty normal. Natsu sat down in the seat beside the window glancing at the tree he and Lucy sat under merely minutes ago. Lucy smiles and sat beside him with Erza opposite her. The ringing sound of the bell signified class had started, Lucy pulled out her textbook.

Natsu grumbled as Lucy tugged him along to an ice cream vendor. Lucy decided a little date would do them some good. She smiled mischievously as she suggested it, leaving a feeling if sneaking suspicion in Natsu. He handed the man his money and chose a chocolate one. "I'm not in to ice cream much..." Lucy looked surprised as she took her strawberry one. Her large orbs watching him lick off some chocolate adamantly on his bottom lip. She smirked and licked hers. "Why? Cause' it reminds you of Gray?" She giggled. Natsu paused licking and scowled.
"Freakin' ice stripper." Lucy giggled again and finished off her cold treat, throwing it into the bin. Natsu viciously bit into the cool cream, hissing as it froze his teeth. Lucy laughed and placed her hands on her hips. "You should be more careful!"

Natsu grumbled and threw the remains into the bin. Lucy took his hand in hers, his calloused palm brushing against her silky one. She smiled, gleaming white teeth glimmering in the sunlight. Natsu felt a blush rise in his cheeks. How was she so cute like that? A few guys around who went to their school started staring at her and you didn't have to be a scientist to know they weren't staring at her eyes. Natsu huffed and pulled her to his chest possessively. Her whole face glowed red. "N-Natsu?" She squealed. He glared coldly at them, making them flinch and back away. "Mine."

Lucy leant forward and gave him a chaste kiss on the lips, tipping back with a satisfied grin. Natsu blushed again and scratched the back of his neck. "C'mon let's head back." He said tugging her gently. She nodded and and instantaneously hugged him tightly. 'Why the hell am I blushing so much?' Natsu steamed in thought. His whole face turning as red a tomato. 'This ain't like me.' Lucy titled her head to the side cutely. "You okay?" Natsu nodded wordlessly. She squeezed his hand the entire walk back to her house.

When they reached her door, Lucy turned only to meet Natsu's mouth on hers. She let her hands wander to the nape of his neck and curl in his salmon locks. Natsu pulled away, panting. He gave her a cheeky grin and sprinted into the darkening streets with a wave. She stood on her front porch rigidly, processing what had just happened.
"Natsu!" She cried, her pale cheeks flushing again. She turned and darted inside.
___________________________
(●ω●✿) You like? Fluffy...for now.