Chapter 4: The Talk

So a new update! Please bare with me and my extremely slow updates. I'll try if I can to update sooner and conserve my internet. (/)TT.TT)/) Nuuuu~ anyways please enjoy the fan art by Bludy Chu!
__________________________
Lucy swallowed nervously as the bell rang signalling the end of class. Her cheeks stained pink as Natsu jogged over to her from his seat with the same lop-sided grin on his face he always wears. She fidgeted in her seat and avoided looking him in the eye. Natsu glanced at her in confusion. 'Why won't she look at me?' He wondered to himself. "You okay, Luce?" He asked. She finally looked up and shrugged. "Yeah of course!" She replied getting up with a smile, "so what did you want to talk about?" He raises a brow at her sudden cheerfulness but pushed the thought of suspicion aside. "Oh uh...wait up for me at the library I just have something to do before we talk. Ok?" He answered. Lucy looked at with a mixture of surprise and suspicion. "Oh okay then. See you at the library."
He nodded at her and ran out the door. Lucy grabbed her things at went straight to her locker.

Meanwhile Natsu jogged through the countless bodies of students and classmates alike to the cafeteria. He spotted his target and ran over to her. "Hey Liz, we need to talk. In private. Right now." He interrupted Lisanna as she was chatting with Evergreen. She turned to him and sighed. "Okay whatever. See you in a bit, Ever!" She waved as Natsu lead her away by her wrist to a seclusive spot in the hallway. "Liz, we've been going out for a really long time now. And I loved spending time with you just doing the little things like movie nights. But you've changed now and we're different people now. Lisanna. What I'm saying is, I think we need to go our separate ways." Lisanna's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. "What? No! Why would-?!" She began to argue but Natsu frowned and cut her off, "Lisanna you know as well as I do where our relationship is going. I love you but not this way. I love you like a sister. And it's obvious now to me that you like someone else." Her lip trembled as she fought back small crocodile tears. "N-Natsu...No! No one dumps Lisanna Strauss and gets away with it! You'll regret this!" She cried, her voice growing louder. "Liz-!" Natsu started off. "Don't 'Liz' me!" She spat. And with that said she left. Natsu shook his head and punched a hole into a nearby wall. "Shit!" He murmured sneaking away to the library before someone saw him.

Lucy looked up from her laptop when she heard the sound of the door click. Natsu walked in with a glum expression. "Natsu?" She called out softly, "Are you okay?" He met her gaze with a sincere smile and nodded. "Yeah I just- I broke it off with me and Lisanna." He answered taking a seat beside her at the table. "What? Why? I thought you guys..." Lucy trailed off in surprise. "No, I don't have feelings for her anymore." He replied scratching at an indent in the wood of the tables surface. "Oh." Natsu paused for a moment and looked her in the eyes. "Lucy, I don't have feeling for her anymore because I've fallen for someone else." Lucy looked at him somewhat crestfallen. "Really? Who? She's lucky." Natsu chuckled, "Yeah she is and she's in this library." She looked about but spotted no other girls in the library than her. "Y-You mean me?" She squeaked in realisation, "Me? You like me?!" He just tilted his head and gave her his trademark goofy smile. "Course' Luigi!" Lucy frowned when he addresses her as Luigi again but brightened nonetheless like a cherry. "I-I-I don't know what to say." Natsu grinned again, his smile nearly stretching his face. "Just say you'll be my girlfriend!" Lucy's face was now redder than Erza's hair as she nodded her head vigorously. "Y-Yes!"

And as that last word left her lips, Natsu leaned in and closed the gap between them.
__________________________
Done! ✔️