Chapter 8: White Lies

I couldn't help myself. I needed to update. You'll have to excuse me for late updates I'm afraid. I have no data. So it's difficult.
__________________________

Lucy felt her stomach drop to her feet. Her heart shatter. Eyes wide and jaw agape. Natsu? What was going on? What about last night? What was this to him? A joke? She felt tears brim her eyes. Her hands curled into fists at her sides. She shook. Anger, sadness and confusion ran through her veins. She turned and ran. She didn't care who complained, who she hurt or who cared. She was a fool to think he'd even care. People shoved her and swore as she made her way through the cluster of bodies.

Natsu's eyes widened in shock. He grabbed Lisanna by her shoulders and threw her off him. His eye filled with rage.
"Get off! Lisanna, it's over." Lisanna scowled and pulled him towards her again. Natsu pushed her away. "Lucy!" He shouted, spotting a blonde head dart into the mass of students. He didn't speak it or think for a moment. He ran after her.

Lucy heard him call for her. She ignored him. Tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. She sniffled, snot running down her nose. Great. Now she'd be a mess. She kept running and with every step her legs felt ever heavier. Her heart weighing her down. She ran harder, her blonde ponytail swishing against her skull as she ventured through the corridors. Erza and Levy called out to her but she just kept going.

Natsu growled. His relationship with Lisanna had always been a lie. Nothing more. There was no chemistry there and she had the guts to kiss him in front of Lucy. His Lucy. This was no white lie. The way he felt for her, was no white lie. It was real. Everything about her was real. The way she smiled, the way she laughed. Even the way she'd sob through Titanic and The Notebook. She was his everything and now he was letting her slip between his fingers. Lisanna screamed at him but he couldn't hear her through the blood rushing through his ears. He couldn't hear anyone. Just Lucy.

Lucy slumped against the cherry blossom tree. The same one she and Natsu had sat under. The day she'd fell asleep and Natsu fell face first into grass and dirt. She giggled remembering it all. The way her heart beat like a thunderstorm. The way his hair had been brushed messily. And his smile. She sobbed again. Hugging her arms around herself. Natsu...

Natsu panted as he left the corridors and crossed the grassy oval to see a familiar blonde, tucked behind the trunk of the cherry blossom tree. That tree...Natsu swallowed and bravely sprinted over to it. Lucy's shaking form came closer with every stride. He felt his chests constrict. She was crying. Freakin hell. He slowed to a lighter pace. And peered around the trunk. She was crying now, choking sobs back. He hid again groaning. Lucy...

A cracking sound sounded behind Lucy. She jumped, and spun around. Her chocolate brown irises wide. Her small mouth agape. There behind the tree, stood Natsu. He was quiet, his arms crossed and his face hurt. She staggered back, "S-stay away!" She murmured. Her legs shook. Natsu frowned, his hand reaching to her. "Luce...I—" he began, "No!" She cut off. Her face was contorted in sadness and grief. "Natsu. Please." She pleaded.

Natsu stared down at his feet, his fists tightening. He gritted his teeth. His salmon hair fell over his eyes shadowing his face. Lucy sobbed again. She turned to leave. Natsu darted toward her, wrapping his arms around her tightly. Lucy froze. Her heart beat faster. Natsu growled and buried his face into her neck. "Lucy, she kissed me. I wouldn't— I'd never betray you!" He exclaimed. Lucy felt a tear roll down her face again. She whimpered and tugged at his hand. "I love you." Natsu said, his arms tightening around her.

Lucy bit her lip, a speck of red appearing. Natsu breathed, his hit breath washing over her neck. "Natsu? Do you mean it?" He nodded. Lucy whimpered again. She swivelled around to him, clutching his shirt. Her face hidden in his spiky locks. "I-I love you too." She answered pressing her lips to his. He groaned against hers. Lucy pulled away, her cheeks flushed.
"Enough of this fluffy crap, aye?" Natsu grinned. Lucy giggled and nodded, her arms encircling his neck. She hugged him whispering, "Thank you..."
__________________________