Chapter 1: I'm just a shadow in your eyes...

Hello~ reader(s) thank you for taking an interest in the this story! I've been very busy with exams (NAPLAN) *shivers* but I'm done now. Yay. Please enjoy! C:
__________________________
I've always been a shadow in your eyes. Nothing more, right? I've always been non-existent, haven't I? Someone who was a nobody. I Lucy Heartfilia, a geek of Fairy Tail High, am a nobody in the eye of everyone. Everyone, but my loved ones. My best friend Levy, is my only company. We're always in the library, reading silently to ourselves.

My only family is Papa, Mama died when I was young. She was very sick and lost the battle...I miss her. Papa's servants love me dearly, which makes up for the love I never got from him. I love them too but it's not the same. It'll never be. I wish we were all together again! Like a real family. Not a cold father and an unloved daughter.

"Lu-chan!" My ranting aside, I turned to meet Levy who was running excitedly to meet me. "Lucy guess what!" She cried excitedly. "What is it?" I ask gently. "G-Gajeel gave me his sweatshirt in P.E~ it smells like him!" She giggled. "Ew~ Levy! It looks all sweaty and stinky!" I exclaim in disgust taking a step back. She merely hugged it to her chest and sighed deeply. "Love makes us do stupid things~" She murmured to herself. "I'll say..." I whisper under my breath. "What was that, Lu-chan?" She inquired firmly. "Nothing, nothing!" I cried flapping my hands nervously.

She said nothing but took a hold of my hand and dragged me away to her locker. As we approached her locker, we bumped into someone. "Hey watch where you're- Levy?" It was Gajeel and he seemed surprised to see the bluenette again. "G-Gajeel!" Stuttered Levy letting go of my hand. I quickly sneaked away.

As I walked to my own locker to grab my equipment, dodging bodies along the way I caught sight of a head of familiar pink hair. It was Natsu Dragneel, the most popular guy in our school. All the girls were crazy in love with him, and tried countless times to seduce him and pamper him with gifts and words of praise. Of course, he ignored them because he already had a girlfriend. Her name was Lisanna, and despite the fact I had a slight crush on him I didn't hate her. And she seemed to be on good terms with me.

The bell rang, announcing the start of our next period. With my equipment in hand I rush to my history class. As I stepped in foot through the door, a book collided with my forehead causing me to fall back and drop my things. "Idiot! You hit someone with those damn books!" Growled a voice. My vision was blurry from the collision so I couldn't make out who it belonged to.

A hand reached down to help me up. I wearily accepted the offer and felt myself being lifted up. Once my vision cleared up I could see the face of the voice from before. It was Gray Fullbuster, the second most popular guy in our school. My cheeks flushed slightly in embarrassment. "A-Arigatou." I thanked him quietly and scurried away to my desk in the corner of the classroom.

He just gave me a smile and walked over to his desk where his beloved Juvia AKA his love stalker was patiently awaiting him. Juvia was absolutely head over heels for him and Gray, being the nice guy he was, just ignored her. Though it's starting to become more obvious that he has some affection for her locked up.

Meanwhile Natsu made a grand entrance by screaming at Gray, "Hey Stripper! You still owe me for that last fight!" Gray frowned and stood up. Much to Juvia's delight and every other girl but me, Gray took off his shirt. Again. It seems to be a habit. Not that many of the female teachers here mind. Gray does have a fit body, six pack and all.

Natsu grinned wildly and lunged at Gray with animalistic speed. The pair went flying into the back of the classroom, denting the wall beside me. I let out a squeal as they collided with me in tow. Fists were flying and I wasn't going to wait to leave! So carefully I dragged myself out of the rough housing. But much to my dismay, Natsu went flying straight into me. "O-ow." I whimpered. Natsu glanced down at me and pulled himself up. He extended his hand to me and raised me up into my feet. "Th-thanks." I muttered. "No prob, sorry for crashing into ya'." He chuckled. "It-it's alright." I stuttered, a blush spreading across my cheeks. He grinned at me, "I'm Natsu, you?"

"I-I'm Lucy, and yeah I know who y-you are." I replied dumbly.

"Oh." He muttered with a raised brow. "Well whatever, wanna' hang out with my friends and I at lunch?" He asked with a sincere smile. My stomach did flips and I could feel myself internally screaming 'Yes!'. "U-uh sure." I mumbled. "Awesome!" He smirked at Gray and threw a punch at him again. Gray just dodged and returned the punch, his fist colliding with Natsu's cheek. I quickly scrambled to my feet and dragged my desk away from the rumble. Laughing nervously, I sat down and stared out the window.

Lunch with Natsu, huh? I think I'll bring Levy along for company. This should be interesting...
__________________________
Done! Message me for a new chapter! ;) I should also mention the first two chapters will be Lucy's P.O.V. But only those two.