Chapter 2: Lunch with our friends...

New chapter~ mostly because I felt like it. NaLu ftw! Please enjoy!
__________________________
"Lucy!" I turned at the sound of my name being called by Levy, who was ungraciously running towards me. "Oh hey Levy-chan! Careful!" I warned. She giggled as she tackled me knocking us both over. We lay in a laughing fit on the floor in the hallway, other students on looked in surprise. Some sniggered others just laughed and pointed. We quickly got up off our butts and grabbed our stuff. Next period was English and we couldn't afford to be late, other wise our teacher would kill us.

Levy glanced at the others, "Why are they laughing at us?" She whispered. "Just ignore them, we'll be fine." I answered quietly. We snuck into the shadows and went to class. As usual, Gray and Natsu were fighting each other and Juvia swooned at Gray's state of dress. Erza sat quietly in the sun reading a romantic novel while Jellal just stared in a longing manner at her from behind. Levy was across from me making goo goo eyes at Gajeel. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Love is blind." I smirked. 'So I guess I'm blind for Natsu then...' I thought to myself.

The sound of Gray and Natsu's rough-housing ceased and I glanced over to see Natsu approaching me. Surprised I closed my text book and went to stand. "Hey! You don't have to get up Luce." He laughed. I then sat down again. "Natsu? Is there something you need?" I ask shyly. "Just wonderin' what ya' up to." He grinned. I blushed slightly at his smile. He had a sweet smile. "Thanks." I muttered. "So whatcha' doin'?" He asked with his trademark grin. "N-Nothing just admiring the morning sunlight." I answered truthfully. "Cool!" He laughed. "I didn't think you'd think something like that was cool." I giggled. "Well you'd be surprise at the things I like. Say photography for example, my sister and I both love taking photos." He said with a relaxed grin as he watched a small bird flutter about near the window ledge. I followed his gaze and smiled softly. He was very different from what I expected.

To be honest I expected him to be like the others. Swept up in the popularity and always picking up on girls in the corridor, but he wasn't like that at all. He had a good heart. As the teacher stepped foot into the classroom, Natsu snuck back to his seat. And through the entire lesson he would smirk at her.

The bell rang signalling the end of class. "Ok, get out of here!" Sighed the teacher as the students filed out the door. A sea bodies pushed and pulled me as I struggled to find Levy. A hand wrapped itself around my wrist as I felt myself being pulled away. I turned to the owner of the hand to see Natsu with Levy at his side grinning at me. "Natsu...?" I trailed off. "Come on! Let's go!" He called.

We went straight to the cafeteria. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by Gray, Erza, Juvia and Gajeel. Jellal sat silently by himself at their bench sending us a small smile. "Hi guys!" Natsu greeted them, "Hey man." Answered Gray. Erza smirked and took levy and I by our hands to their bench where Gajeel, Gray and Natsu were already seated and arguing. Jellal just watched silently while picking at his food with a fork.

As soon as he saw Erza he lit up. Erza sat down beside him with Levy and Juvia. "Hey there, you're Lucy right?" Said Erza with a kind smile. I nodded shyly, "Nice to meet you, I'm Erza and this is Juvia, Gray, Gajeel and Jellal." I wrapped an arm around Levy and introduced her to everyone. After we all greeted each other and got to know one another we began eating.

I was taking a sip of her strawberry milk when I felt Natsu give me a friendly slap on the back causing me to spit it out all over Lisanna as she walked by. She scowled at me and began desperately dabbing at her designer top which I had so clumsily made a mess of. "I-I'm so sorry!" I stammered rushing over to her with a pink handkerchief to try and help her. "No! I mean no thanks, I don't need help." Lisanna snapped.

I backed away nervously unsure of what to do. "It's ok Luce, it was an accident." Natsu said putting his hand on my shoulder. I nodded and sat down beside Erza again. Once Lisanna had managed to get off as much of the strawberry milk off her top as she could she sassily walked over to Natsu and kissed him. I sat uncomfortably watching. "Get a rooom!" Groaned Gray. Natsu pulled away with a slight look of annoyance. "Hey Liz, this is Lucy and Levy! They're having lunch with us today." Said Natsu wrapping an arm around her waist. Lisanna raised an eyebrow, "Oh okay, anyways babe you coming to the party at the beach tonight?" She flirted, batting her lashes.

Natsu frowned and shook his head, "Nah, I'm not interested. Wanna' just watch a movie at my house?" He answered. Lisanna scowled, "Aww...whatever I guess I'll just go with Bixlow and Evergreen then." Natsu rubbed the bridge of his nose and gave a wave of dismissal. She waved and ran off to join Evergreen and Mira. "Sometimes I think she's got a crush on Bixlow or somethin'." Natsu mumbled waking back to his friends.
"She sure has changed." Said Gray with a raised brow. "Yeah." Replied Natsu slumping in his seat.

I frowned and got up from my seat. I placed a hand on Natsu's shoulder in reassurance. "Um Natsu how about we go get ready for class?" I asked gently. Natsu lifted his head to look at me and nodded.

Erza smirked as the we left and watched us smiling and laughing. She quietly observed Gajeel and Levy also who we're blushing intensely at the each other's proximity. 'Both pairs would make cute couples. It's too bad, Natsu is with Lisanna. And as nice as she used to be she wasn't the same innocent girl anymore. I just hope Natsu will realise that soon.' She thought to herself.
__________________________
Done~ 💫