Dangerous games

It had been such a strange turn of event. Just when you think everything in life is normal it turns out not to be. The teams bad events just turned worse, George Foyet was on the loose, Reid's obsession with Adam/Amanda followed by his Anthrax attach.... The team was under a lot of stress especially after their return from Canada. They were all shaken up and ready to go home. Emily was missing Irene so badly she called the baby sitter four times on the flight home. "It's okay Emily." Hotch soothed her to the best of his ability he too was hoping to take Jack for the weekend.

"Do you want to stay tonight?" Emily whispered resting her head on his shoulder.

"Haley's dropping jack off in the morning." He replied lifting his phone. Emily nodded her head then she slipped into a restless sleep.

She climbed under the covers with Irene snuggled next to her and fell asleep.

/////

"This better be good." Prentiss groaned throwing her sunglasses on as she walked towards the team. "I had to pay the sitter twice as much to take Irene to the daycare."

"I know you all had a rough time in Canada but I'm sorry." The detective sighed. "But we really need you here."

The team started out with the investigation. The more time they spent in the home the more agitated Emily got, she called Hotch twice, then three times, then ten, until the point where she couldn't think straight. "I'm going to Aaron's place." Emily said thrusting herself off the couch.

Reid looked up at her and nodded. "Let me know what's going on. I'll continue to look through the files.

Emily drove moderately close to the speed limit to her boyfriends house... Well maybe boyfriend? Sort of boyfriend? Anyway! She walked up the two flights, his neighbour Steven waved at her as she passed him... Obviously there wasn't a disturbance then. She twisted the knob and the door pushed open, Emily pulled her gun from the holster before slowly entering the apartment. She scanned all the rooms before running to the blood on the floor with no sign of Hotch.  Pulling out her phone Prentiss pleaded with Garcia to search every hospital for Aaron.

////

"Oh thank god you're okay!" Emily cried as she rushed into the hospital room, Hotch was just coming out of his sleepy haze. She grasped his hands desperately and kissed his knuckles.

"J-Jack?" He managed to slur out with a look of pain in his eyes as he remembered his son was to visit that morning.

Emily gave him a soft smile. "He's okay, Haley tried to call you and tell you that they had things to do this morning but you could take Jack for the night. I called her so he's at home right now." She leaned down to stroke the hair out of his face. "The rest of the team should be here soon."

And as Emily predicted the case was wrapped up, JJ was in a different hospital room with Reid after the surgery finished on his leg. The team came to see him, and Hotch told them about Foyet being the attacker... Before his eyes got wide. The realization sunk in, Morgan's name was used to emit him therefore something of his was taken.

Morgan left the room to call Haley leaving Emily and Hotch alone. "You're not safe." He whispered pulling Emily closer. "He'll go after you and Irene too."

Emily ran her hand affectionately down his face. "You can't get rid of me that easily." She whispered back. "I'll keep you safe, I promise."

"Emily-"

"Shut up Aaron Hotchner. I love you. There I said it, I love you and I promise I'm not going anywhere."

"It took you long enough." He laughed before stopping when his stitches hurt. "I love you too." Emily smiled before leaning down to peck him on the lips.

"Daddy!" Jack shouted as he ran into the hospital room and jumped onto the bed.

"Jack be Careful!" Haley yelled from outside the room. "You dont want to hurt your father."

"I'm okay." Hotch huffed as he snuggles his son into his side. He looked over at Emily who was awkwardly avoiding everyone's eyes and picking at her nails. "Em, do you want to take Jack to get a snack?"

"Sure!" She agreed quickly to let Hotch and Haley take. The grown woman and child headed down to the food court where she bought them ice cream and the two sat at a table.

"Do you love my daddy?" Jack asked suddenly.

Emily chocked on her ice cream for a minute before finding the words to say. "I... I do Jack."

"That's what mommy said. She said it's not the same as I love daddy. And not the same as she loves daddy."

Emily felt a twinge of guilt Haley still loved him. "Your moms right... You are the most important thing to your dad."

A few hours later Emily sat in the hospital room watching over Aaron as he slept. Haley and Jack were going through witness protection changing their names, home, hair colour, their entire life... And here she was... Gaining what they had just lost... Deciding she wasn't going to sleep Emily went for a walk around the hallways.

To her surprise she ran into JJ who seemed to be doing to exact same thing. "How's Reid?"

"Milking the attention." JJ laughed. "Henry seems to love the hospital bed so they've been camped out on the thing sharing stories... As well as a baby can. How's Hotch?"

"Sad." She answered. "I just... I feel horrible he wanted to sent Irene and I with them but I out foot down I wasn't changing my life for the bastard... But I let him change Haley and Jack's."

"It's not your call what he does with his family-" JJ caught herself a word too late.

"I know... I know I have no say in his family. Like he has no say with what I do with Irene."

"Em-"

"I told him I loved him." Her eyes started to water. "And he said it back."

////

I know I skipped like ALL of season 4 but I had t updated in a while and I had no idea what to do with Foyet so here you go! Feel free to leave ideas in the comments!