The big reveal

The team arrived back from Kanas in complete exhaustion. It was getting harder and harder for Emily to even stand for as long as she needed too as well as she also spent less and less time out in the field and more time helping Reid and JJ on their specific jobs. She attempted to make it over to her desk as fast as she could without waddling, but everything right now seemed to hurt, she was starving, and tired.

"Hey Emily?" JJ called from the catwalk.

Emily tilted her head slightly motioning for her to go on.

"Do you want to go for lunch? I can drive then come back here to drop you off?" She offered with a smile.

Hearing her stomach growl Emily quickly agreed. They walked down to the parking garage together and made small conversation for the ten minute drive before pulling up outside of a Sonic's. "Are you okay Em?" JJ asked. "Your face looks kind of swollen."

"Uh yeah, I tried this new face cream stuff and I had an allergic reaction to it." She lied.

JJ just nodded her head before exciting the car. Once inside they ordered; JJ order just a normal burger and fries meal, while Emily ordered a chocolate milkshake, two burgers, and a large fry. "So you've been here for a few months now, do you like it here?"

"It's been great. The team has been so kind I'm glad I get to work with you." Emily smiled before taking a bite from her burger.

JJ nodded her head in response. "Any men?" She smirked.

Causing Emily to choke on her milkshake. "What?" She asked wiling her mouth with a napkin. "Why would you ask that?" She laughed.

"Just wondering, it's kind of impossible to get pregnant without a man." She laughed.

Emily's eyes widened in shock. "How? When? Who? Reid!" She flustered out turning red. "Reid told you didn't he?"

"He's not good at keeping secrets from me." The blonde smirked. "But I won't tell anyone I promise. Who else knows?"

"Reid, Gideon, and now you."

"When are you going to tell the rest of the team?"

"I haven't decided yet... Probably when I'm being wheeled into the delivery room."

..................

She couldn't really understand why, but this was either the best time to tell everyone or the worst. Gideon had just lost the woman he loved. Jane and Frank were dead. And Emily had just related to Jane on why it was okay to love Frank.

"Is it wrong to love Frank." Jane asked on the verge of tears.

The room was quiet and Emily's thoughts drifted only for a moment over to Ian Doyle... "No... Not at all."

They were all seated in the rain table room about to be dismissed when Emily spoke up stopping everyone. "I need to tell you guys something." She chokes out. "I'm not sure if you guys have already figured it out and just wish to keep my privacy or if I've done a much better at hiding it than I thought..." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant... Nineteen weeks along..."

"Oh Em!" Garcia exclaimed standing from her seat and rushing over to the expecting woman. "I'm so happy for you!"

Emily laughed and hugged the over excited tech analysts, before moving on to be hugged by Derek. When he let go Emily noticed the look of relief on Spencer's face. "Now you don't need to keep anymore secrets."

"You know!" Garcia accused. "And you didn't tell me! Boy wonder I am very disappointed in you!"

"I wasn't allowed!" Reid defended. "I only told JJ because she forced it out of me!"

The team began their playful banter of accusing each other for telling the team, as they were doing this Emily couldn't help but step back and smile. Without even noticing at first she began to stroke her belly for the first time.

"You could have said something," Hotch said as he waked up next to her. "We would have understood.

Emily sighed turning to face her boss. "I was one month pregnant by the time I maimed the BAU. None of you wanted me here, so admitting I was pregnant wasn't an option. And I didn't really know until after Guantanamo Bay."

"Well we're all here for you now Prentiss." Morgan smiled.

"Do you have a picture of the sea monkey?!" Garcia begged.

Emily nodded before opening her bag and taking out two sonograms. One was given to JJ to pass around while the other was given to Garcia to keep. "I figured I would get in a lot of trouble if I didn't have a photo for you."

"You've got that right! Now is the monkey a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know yet. It refused to let me know." Emily smiled.

In a room full of profilers it wasn't hard to miss that slip, she called the baby an 'IT', no cute nickname, no predetermined pronoun, no baby Prentiss, there was something stopping Prentiss from truly connecting and loving the baby growing inside of her.