Quit

Emily lay across her couch resting on her side. At twenty weeks pregnant it was hard finding someway to sleep so now she just wrapped herself in pillows and prayed she'd fall asleep. Her phone ringing broke her from her near asleep trance.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Em." JJ greeted on the other line. "How did the appointment go?"

Emily flung her feet forward in the couch allowing her body to sit up. "It went well. They doctor said the baby is doing good, it's the size of a banana."

"So no chances on finding out the sex?" JJ asked.

"Nope." Emily replied popping the 'P'. "It refuses to turn, the doctor is hoping it will soon."

"So what are up to for the rest of the day?"

Emily reached over to the coffee table to pick up her cup of tea. "Not much, Garcia dropped by an hour ago with chicken soybean salad. I apparently really need protein in this stage of pregnancy. And I'm supposed to gain a pound a week! Can you believe that?!" She groaned. "And Hotch and Morgan keep offering to paint the nursery."

"Go with a unisex colour like green or yellow. Oh go with a jungle theme, and cute little monkeys." JJ exclaimed.

Emily laughed before taking a sip of her tea. "That would be a cute idea"

........................

Weeks upon weeks continued and before she knew it Emily had reached her third trimester, the nursery was painted and her house was entirely filled with baby things thanks to a certain Penelope Garcia.

........................

As Emily walked out of the Medical Examiner's building, her cell phone rang. She shifted her bag on her shoulder as she reached into her suit jacket pocket for her phone. "Prentiss" She spoke into the phone as she rubbed her swollen stomach.

"Good morning Emily" Section Chief Erin Strauss said from the other end of the phone line making Emily feel extremely
"Agent Prentiss" Strauss said trying to capture the agents attention.

"I'm here" Emily said.

"I'm just checking in" Strauss said.

"Checking in?" Emily asked in an exasperated voice.

"On your case, the college girls?" Strauss said.

"Uh, we don't know that much yet ma'am" Emily said prevaricating in an attempt to get off the phone. She felt her heart burn kicking in.

"But you will let me know if there's anything to report, won't you?" Strauss asked referring to the conversation she and Emily had weeks prior. It made Emily feel sick.

"I really have to get back to work." Emily said into the phone.

"Of course, you know where you can reach me." Strauss spoke clearly.

Emily nodded her head and closed her eyes, sighing. Oh, how she hated politics. Her ankles were swollen, her child was kicking up and storm, and honest to god she was just tired of being pregnant! It didn't help that Strauss was down her throat trying to gain information on Aaron Hotcher, and honestly nice man once you got past the thick wall he build around himself. Emily groaned as she slid into her SUV, she was so tired of all of this... Maybe it was time for a change...

.....................
Everyone is so much younger than I remember being" JJ said to Emily as they patrolled though the campus. The mood of the campus had lifted with Tubbs being in custody.

"It's a weird age. You want to be treated like an adult, but you're used to someone else solving your problems for you." Emily sighed stopping at a park bench to rest her feet.