Dinner date

Emily let out an agitated groan as her head rested on the very pregnant liaisons desk. "Oh I'm sure it wasn't that bad." JJ tried to reason.

"The date was great! He was so kind and sweet! We went for dinner and a walk around the Bay front." Prentiss sighed. "Everything was going really well..."

"Okay I'm confused." JJ cut in. "If everything was so perfect then why are you here moping at my desk at seven thirty?"

Emily propped her chin up to her arms to looking the blonde in the eye.

Emily and Hotch made it back up to Emily's apartment hand in hand. "I had a really good time, thank you so much Aaron,"

The unit chief blushed slightly before nodding his head. "I'm glad you had a good time. And happy birthday... Again..."

Emily let out a laugh that made the man smile. "You've said that about five times tonight. Are you trying to make me feel old?"

"What? No!" Hotch tried to defend.

"I'm kidding." Emily let go of his hand to unlock the door. "Do you want to come in? Irene is with JJ and Spencer tonight."

Hotch's Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed. "Uh sure-"

He was cut off by Emily's arm snaking around his neck pulling his face closer to hers, "just tell me when you want me to stop." She whispered before bringing his lips millimetres away from her own. And just as their lips were about to touch they were pulled away by the sound of the door being swung open.

"I thought I heard the door unlock." Clyde said standing in the doorway.

Emily starred dumbfounded at her oldest, dearest, and utterly stupidest friend. "What the hell are you doing here?" She ordered.

"I came to visit Irene but when I got here no one was home." He reasoned. "I figured you would be back soon so I used the key."

"THE EMERGENCY KEY, FOR EMERGENCY's!" Emily yelled. "And you pick today of all days to come and visit? Are you kidding me?!"

"I missed Irene's birthday. I wanted to come see her." Clyde reasoned.

Emily rolled her eyes as she walked into her apartment. "Well she's not here so tough love!" And she slammed the door on the two men. Then opened it again to wish Aaron a good night."

When Emily finished retelling the story JJ let out a bark of laughter. "You're baby daddy is cock blocking you from your boss? Do you live in a soap opera or something?"

"Apparently..." She groaned. "Do you think Aaron would want to go out again?"

JJ nodded her head. "I definitely think so."

.......................................

"What's with the headphones Jayge?" Emily asked looking up from the file.

JJ pressed the play button on the MP3 before opening her file. "Its so the baby doesn't hear any of the gross things we're talking about. Spence had a rant yesterday about how he can hear in the womb and we both decided we didn't want him knowing about all these bad things too soon."

Everyone on the plan stopped and looked at each other. "He?" Morgan asked.

JJ and Reid both blushed slightly. "Did we forget to tell you we found out we're having a boy?" The brunette man asked.

Everyone erupted in smiles and congratulations.

............................

"Well roadside motels definitely go on my list," Emily said heading into the closest SUV.

"You have a list?" Reid asked looking at Morgan then Emily.

"And you don't?" Emily replied.

...................................

Emily sat in the room watching JJ and Reid from the connecting window, he was feeling the baby kick and it was obvious he was freaked out by it before JJ talked it over with him. Sighing she looked back down at the paper work and only looked for two seconds before looking up again.

"Hey? Are you okay?" Derek asked walking into the room.

"Aren't you supposed to be out doing... Whatever?" She asked.

"We'll be home soon." He reassured her.

"I just don't get it. Some days are great and I know she's fine where she is, but others I can't help but want to run home and cradle her and never let go."

...............................
Hey guys, you remember Agent Jordan Todd" JJ said. "She's going to be taking over for me while I'm on maternity leave."

"It's good to see you all again, Agent Prentiss, Dr. Reid, Agent Morgan." Jordan said shaking hands with everyone.

"So this must be the good news?" Morgan asked.

"This is my brownie." Jordan said with a nod.

"Brownie?" Emily asked.

"Agent Morgan and I ran into each other the other day in the coffee shop when I first found out I would be working with the Behavioral Analysis Unit. I'm really looking forward to it."

"So Agent Todd comes to us from seven years at Counter Terrorism. We're starting her training now." JJ said.

"You're training her right now?" Reid asked.

"Well we're kind of running out of time." JJ said with a laugh as she rubbed her belly. "But actually, I'm just going to introduce her to the rest of the team now. We'll get started tomorrow." JJ said before looking at her boyfriend. "I'm ready to go home.

...........................

Emily picked Irene up from the daycare and had her resting on her hip as she unlocked her door. She and JJ had a discussion on the plane about it a daycare or a nanny was a better idea. JJ seemed to be dead set on a nanny while Emily chose daycare. The germs and the other children were great for development. While Spencer pointed out that children with nannies have better verbal skills because children tend to learn what what they hear, that's why many children have the same speech pattern because they spend so much time together while nannies are adults so children will grow stronger speaking skills.

Emily lay Irene down in her crib and turned off the lights, just as she was closing the door the mother heard a faint: "mama"