Emotion

As Emily woke up she felt the bed shift slightly and suddenly she felt cold. Aaron was standing next to the bed rebuttoning his shirt before he turned around to face Emily. "It's about Six thirty, do you want to shower?" He asked as Emily sat up wrapping the blankets around herself.

"Yeah." She wiped her eyes. "Uh do you mind grabbing Irene? Then we can be out of here by seven and you can go home and change?" The older man nodded his head before exiting the room. Emily flopped on her back against the bed and pulled the sheets back around her. She remained motionless until she felt the tear slid down her cheek, her hand shakily wiped it away before she sat back up and headed into the washroom.

...........................

Emily finished up the last of her paper work from the Rothschild and sighed. She and Hotch didn't have time all day to talk about what had happened. She would have gone to see him just then but he left early to go spend the night with Jack. Slamming the file closed Emily stood from her desk and trudged her way to Jordan's empty office and slipped the file on her desk before heading toward he elevator. Just as she pressed the button Rossi appeared from what seemed like out of no where. "Do you care talk about what's bothering you?" He asked.

Emily sighed and held back the tears that's were forming. "I just... I can't really explain it... It would be very weird to talk about." She confessed.

Rossi nodded his head at the women. "He already sang like a yellow canary this morning." The Italian man laughed. "Aaron seemed to very much have enjoyed himself last night. Don't worry I didn't get any grizzly details." Rossi informed as he saw Emily's face get red. "He just wasn't too happy when you two woke and and you barley even acknowledged he was there."

"I just... It freaked me out I guess when I woke and he was there... Next to me."

"You felt like someone else should have been there?" Rossi cut in.

Emily nodded her head and wiped her cheeks from the tears. "I know it sounds stupid but a part of me hoped that Hotch would wake up and feel just as awkward because he would have thought it was Haley next to him... Just like... Just like I thought it was Irene's father..."

"Haley and Aaron don't have the same relationship as you and Clyde." Rossi definitely noticed Emily's shutter at his name. "He loved her, she was the only love he ever knew."

"Don't get all sappy. He and I are not in love we just slept together once and went on a date... Nothing else." She stated firmly. The elevator opened and the two agents walked in. "And don't tell him anything!"

....................................

"But meet me on my turf" Viper said walking up to Emily. "Ho..." the man smirked, Viper continued when he saw Emily's reaction. "The things I could make you do."

"Hah!" Emily spat.

Hotch tensed Emily was not going to let this go. "If you have any questions, give us a call." He said handing Viper his business card.

Emily and Hotch turned and walked out of the conference room as Morgan took the time to stare Viper down.

"Please tell me we are not giving up on that guy." Emily said.

"We're just getting started." Hotch replied resisting the urge to grasp Emily's hand.

......................

"Emily?" Aaron called out as he knocked on the locker room door hesitantly.

"Yeah, come on in." Emily called out as she zipped up her boots.

He walked up next to her and leaned against the locker. "You're okay with this right?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Sadly, I've actually dated people worse than Viper." Emily said as she changed out her earrings and laughed. "Some men just find women to be objects."

"Wow" Hotch's eyes widened.

"Hey is something going on with Jordan? You asked me to keep and eye on her, and frankly, I've noticed some tension." Emily said as she played with the necklace she now held in her hands and picked at the clasp.

"I caught her in a lie. She cut a corner to get us in with the Holden family." Hotch replied with a sigh.

"Did she misrepresent the Bureau?" Emily asked softly.

"She misrepresented herself." Hotch said tensely.

"Huh" Emily said as she placed her necklace on the shelf in the locker. "So how long is she going to be in the dog house?"

"Until she proves she's competent."

"That's going to be tricky if you're scrutinizing her every move." Emily said as she continued removing her button down shirt and hung it in the locker and then unbuttoning her pants.

"Emily, you seemed to do okay." Hotch's voice got caught in his throat as he noticed that Emily was freely stripping down in front of him like it was nothing.

Emily smiled and glanced down as she stepped out of her pants. "I think in order for Jordan to prove she's good at this job, it's not going to happen under a magnifying glass. You're going to have to give her the opportunity." She said as she slipped into her dark skinny jeans followed by her red sleeveless shirt.

"You have something in mind?" Aaron asked shaking certain thoughts out of his head.

"I do in fact." Emily said and then turned her back to Aaron. "But could you please help me out?" She asked as she handed Hotch another necklace to clasp around her neck. She moved her hair out of the way and shivered at his gentle touch.

They still hasn't had time to talk about the other night, Emily was edging him on as much as she possibly could and Hotch couldn't wait to jump.

..............................

The case was all wrapped up and as the team headed for the jet Hotch caught Emily's arm on the middle of the Tarmac. "We need to talk about this." He stated.

"Aaron I don't think it's the best time-" but he cut her off by grabbing her hip and placing a finger over her mouth. "One minute." He demanded. "I like you a lot and I think you and I could really have something special Emily. I don't regret the other night and I don't think you do either but I think you're scared. Scared for Irene, scared for yourself, scared about letting someone in, you're scared about moving too fast, so I think we should slow things down. I'm not Clyde and I never will be, I don't know much about him but he's none of my business. You have a child and that is a huge part of your life, but so do I so I understand that Irene will always come first and I am proud that you feel that way. I want this to work for us Emily so can we please let it work?" Hotch asked.

Emily stood there silently in shock rethinking everything he had said to her. "I want us to work." She whispered before moving his hand out of the way to gently kiss his lips before taking his hand and walking to the jet where Rossi was giving them a bright thumbs up.