Fifteen weeks

Prentiss sighed as she blew her nose once again as she sat in the parking lot of a fancy restaurant for lunch with her mom. Stupid case! Why did her mother have to make contact with her team?  She was tired, her nose was stuffed, her breasts hurt from beginning to swell, and a migraine was starting to form. Once she saw her mother's car roll up Emily unbuckled her seatbelt and grabbed her purse from the passenger side. The younger woman rushed into the restaurant silently prayer that her mother would not notice her, all the fancy dresses she owed revealed her baby bump which all in all resulted with Emily decided to inform her mother that she will become a grandmother. Pushing through the front door the host greeted Emily to her seat then congratulated her on her pregnancy before walking off to get a glass of sparkling cider and a glass of red wine for her mother whom was just entering the building.

"Emily dear!" Elizabeth greeted before sitting down in the cushioned chair. "I'm still so glad you agreed to lunch."

"Still as long as you're paying." Emily laughed along.

"Of course, if I made you pay we would be at some burger joint in the tracks of downtown."

Emily was slightly taken aback by that statement. Was that really what he mom thought of her? That she didn't make any money and living in the dangerous areas of he city?
Suddenly her mind was switching to not telling her mother. But she couldn't do it.

"Your cider dear, and your wine ma'am." The waiter delivered their drinks with a smile. "Would you like to order or place your appetizer?"

Emily skimmed over the menu and ordered the French onion soup while her mother ordered a garden salad. As the waiter walked away Elizabeth cocked and eyebrow. "You hate onions."

She remembered? Emily thickly swallowed. "Change of taste I guess." She mumbled.

"You know it is very rude to mumble dear."Emily just nodded her head before taking a sip of her drink. "And cider? You never missed a chance to drink not since you were fourteen."

"People can very well change ambassador." Emily spoke up sternly.

Elizabeth sighed. "Emily..."

"I know, I'm sorry... I just, I need to tell you something... Mom..." Prentiss was playing with the napkin in her lap. "I need you to not make a scene, and I need you to promise not to tell anyone. Promise me mother."

The ambassadors eyes widened. "Of course dear, not a word."

Emily shifted through her bag and pulled out a photo. That morning Emily had gone to her doctors appointment, everything seemed to be in order, her blood pressure was normal and her blood tests came back great. They were even going to find out the sex of the baby but came up empty because the 'sea monkey' as the doctor called it refused to cooperate and wouldn't show 'the goods'. The doctor offered to print out a photo of the sonogram and Emily asked for four; one for herself, one for her mother, one for Garcia when she decided to tell the entire team, and one for Clyde... To make it look real...

Slowly Emily passed the paper over to her mother, one the photo was in her hands Emily shut her eyes. "Remember you promised." She whispered.

When her eyes opened again Elizabeth Prentiss was still starring down at the sonogram photo. "Is this real Emily?" The agent could only nods her head. "I-I'm going to be a grandmother. Who's the father?"

"Let's not talk about that." Her daughter replied. "I understand if you're mad but I'm not going to shy away from it or beg for your forgiveness. I'm a grown adult and I made a choice mother."

Elizabeth sad in silence for what felt like forever. "I've been waiting quite sometime for grandchildren Emily, you're nearly forty years old if it wasn't happening soon it wasn't going to happen at all."

"Thanks..." Was all Emily managed to muster.

.................................

"We've only been here five minutes" Garcia said leaning over to JJ as they sat at the high top table waiting for Emily to join them from getting drinks at the bar.

"Yeah, but look at her. She broke away from the group, the guy saw her alone, felt more confident, made his move." JJ said as she plopped a peanut into her mouth. "Even if she's wearing a very unsexy sweater."

"Must be serious" Penelope said with a flick of her head towards were Emily and the man were approaching from the bar.

"Ladies," Emily said as she slid their beers in front of them "this is Brad. A real FBI Agent." Emily said pointing at Brad who stood next to her, beer in hand. As her friends were distracted Emily snatched the oddly coloured beer that was actually ginger ale.

"Really?" Garcia asked with a sweet smile.

"Really." Emily repeated with a wink.

"No way" JJ said as she turned to face Brad peeling another nut.

"That's exciting." Garcia said in a star struck manner "What's it like at Quan-ti-co?" Making sure to over exaggerate her words.

"Its, uh, quite impressive." Brad replied with a smug look.

"What department are you in?" JJ asked as she played the role of the flirty blond friend, making sure to lick her lips.

"That's classified." Brad said with a smirk in JJ's direction causing the blonde to pretend to blush.

"Oh" JJ said shrugging forward in her seat "It must be really tough keeping all those secrets" JJ said as she winked at Emily making the older girl to laugh into her drink.

"Oh, you know it's a skill like anything else.' Brad said. "Carpenters are good at building stuff ... measuring, FBI's good at keeping secrets and kicking criminal ass." Brad said with a smile.

"Wow, well somebody's got to do it" Emily said "Oh! Do you have to carry your gun and badge with you everywhere you go?"

"Affirmative" Brad said clearly enjoying the attention he was getting from the three beautiful women.

"Can we see it?" Emily asked smiling playfully.

"See what?" Brad asked.

"Your badge." Emily said in a flirty manner. Making sure to gesture her finger for emphasis.

"Heh"

"Please" Garcia begged.

"I'm sorry that's ..." Brad said pausing to search for an appropriate word that would get him out of the hole he had dug and seemed to just make bigger.

"Classified" All thewomen spoke in unison.

"heh ... It figures, of course." They all murmured as they reached for their purses.

"Tell me, Brad. Does it look anything like this?" Emily asked as she held up her badge.

"Ah, er this?" JJ asked holding up her badge and pointing to it.

"Or maybe this?" Garcia asked holding up her badge.

This man was quiet for a few moments before he turned and walked off making the girls laugh hysterically.

AN: so I've fudged up the time frame... By a fair bit I guess I forgot I had Emily get pregnant in October cause now it's April and she's only 15 weeks.... Because if she was pregnant in October she would be 27 weeks along in April. If she is 15 weeks along in April to she would of had to of conceived the baby in January... So yeah... Sorry about that... I guess time jumps do a number on my math skills... So let's go with Emily didn't join until after New Years!