I smirked dipping my celery into the peanut butter and taking another bite. "Most guardians would be thrilled that their teen was snacking so wisely," I said shaking my celery at Nick for emphasis.

"Mmmmhmm...those guardians would also be thrilled if their teen hadn't been marked truant today." Nick said his tone more sharp.

"Joe told you..." I stated dipping my celery in the peanut butter again and taking another bite.

"Yup," He said popping his P for emphasis. "Wanna know how many times I was marked truant?"

"How many?" I asked.

"Once," Nick replied. "I skipped class to hang out with this girl I liked...Dad busted my ass SO bad I literally couldn't sit for like two days...I just hovered."

I giggled at the thought of Nick hovering in his chair.

"You think that's funny?" Nick asked cocking his brow. I shrugged and smiled. "Get marked truant again and you will find out." He said warning. My smile quickly faded. "I'm actually surprised Joe didn't bust your ass for it on the spot, you are lucky."

"Where is Joe?" I asked wondering when the awkward talk would ensue.

"He ran to Kevin's, Dani was sick so he stayed home after lunch, Joe went to pick up your paper." He said chopping the last of the celery and tossing it into a large pot. "We all need to talk when he gets back."

I sighed and crinkled my nose. "Can't wait," I said sarcastically.

I nabbed a couple baby carrots from the cutting board and Nick again swatted at my hands.

"Seriously CeCe, I'ma beat you if you don't stop." Nick threatened teasingly. I gave him a smirk before taking a bite of my spoils.

"Would you rather me be eating cookies and candy?" I retorted.

"I'd rather you stop eating and wait for dinner," he said grabbing what carrots I had not captured and throwing them into the pot.

"I'm a growing girl Nicky, I'm starving," I whined taking another bite of my carrot.

"Mmmhmmm, well maybe if you would spend your lunch actually eating instead of kissing on Matt you wouldn't be so hungry," he said cocking a brow.

I played dumb, it was my only defense.

Nick rolled his eyes "Please CeCe I may be older than you but I'm not THAT old, I do faintly remember what usually goes on during a date."

I stopped chewing my carrot momentarily to have an internal panic attack before defensively responding. "I did eat!"

"What did you eat?" Nick asked not convinced in the least.

"Peanutbutter," I answered plainly.

Nick cocked a brow "He fed you peanutbutter on your lunchdate?"

I nodded, "With a spoon."

Nick chuckled, "Well, if you haven't scared the boy away with your peanutbutter craziness by now, maybe it was meant to be" Nick said with a smirk "JIF?" he questioned knowingly.

I crinkled my nose, "Petar Pan."

Nick smirked, "Maybe that meant to be comment was a bit premature..."

"Nope, he is converting," I said proudly.

Nick shook his head, "He is dating you for 24 hours and already you are trying to change him."

"I like to think of it as making him better," I said giggling.

Nick smiled and grabbed the jar of peanutbutter, "I'm cutting you off."