7: It's Coming Out!

You wanna jump

Why you waiting?

Let's risk it all, risk the fall tonight

- Top Of The World, Brigit Mendler

CHAPTER 7

{ It's coming out! }

~LIZ~

Lunch today: watery mashed potatoes. Yucks!

"Who's going to the Halloween party tonight?" Seb asked around the table. Everyone raised their hands. "Good you better?"

"Who's going with you?" Nichole nudged me.

"Thean..." I whispered blushing furiously. Raven eyed me up and down at my reaction.

"Are you two together or something?"

"No, not at all," it wasn't like we were exclusive or anything. It'll come out if we wanted to. "Who's throwing the party anyway?" I took the attention off me.

"That guy is sitting at this table," Seb smirked. I looked around and answered him, "Hmm... I don't see anyone."

"Its him you idiot," Nicholas laughed, pointing at Seb.

"Get your camera ready. We might accidentally get some live action tonight!" Raven snickered, pointing to the jock table and me.

"Suck balls!" I grab him hair and shove his face into the plate of mashed potato in front of him. Rolling my eyes, I got up and walked away. I spotted Thean waving me down to sit with him, but I shook my head in objection. He eventually stood up and made his way towards me.

"What costume are you wearing tonight?" He asked once he reached me.
"

A grunge chic?" I shrugged. He looked at me and smirked.

"What are you going as?"

"Dracula..."

"Cool!" I nodded. Why do I find this conversation so awkward?

"Pick you up at 7?" He winked at me. After I nod at him, he waved me goodbye and joined his friends at the jock table.

**

I used washable dye to the ends of my hair purple and wore a black muscle tank dress that said 'Cool AF' on the front. Over it I pulled on a black and white flannel and wore some shady make-up. Something seemed weird. After a second thought I pulled on some translucent stockings and black Dr. Martens boots. I made my way down to the front to wait for Thean.

"Why aren't you dressed for the party?" Raven asked.

"What?" I looked down at myself. "What's wrong with you? You blind or something?"

"Isn't how you always dress. Like some emo dude that killed their pet hamster," he teased.

"There's a difference between wearing all black and grunge chic idiot," I retorted, glaring at him. My sight shifted and I realized that he was standing in the middle of his house shirtless. Blush crept up my cheeks as I averted my eyes from his toned chest and evidently showy abs.