2: Are We Housing The Homeless Now?

"I don't know where to start,

I feel a little lost"

-Love Somebody, Maroon V

Chapter 2

{ Are We Housing The Homeless Now? }

~RAVEN~

"Raven! Come help!" I heard my mother shout from the front of the house. I groaned and switched off the TV and headed to the front of the house.

"Please don't tell him anything," I heard a girl whisper.

"Tell me what?" I interrupted. She looked at me, studying from head to toe. I did the same back at her. She was wearing an oversized hoodie and black leggings. Her strawberry blonde hair was in a mess. Her gray eyes were stormy, as if she had lost something and can't seem to remember where she left it. Freckles were strewn across her nose, highlighting her high cheekbones and her thin mouth. Well what cab I say? Even though she looked homeless, she was hot.

"That's none if your business," my mum interrupted my studying. "This is Liz."

"What is that short for?" Lizard?" I snorted.

"Lizabelle. Lizabelle Cressi," she mumbled. Her accent was thick despite how soft she spoke.

"What? Are we housing the French homeless now?" I snort again. That's what her accent sounded like, French.

"Raven Martin Matthews!" My mother gasped. "Be nice!" She turned to the girl and lead the way, "Come let me show you to your room."

"And oh to be clear, I'm French-Australian," she narrowed her eyes at me.

"That doesn't make any sense," I roll my eyes and grab the suitcases, following behind them.

My mother stopped in front of the guest room- the room in front of mine. But that room had everything I wanted, except a mini-fridge. It had its own toilet, a TV, and air-conditioning. Damn this girl is stealing all my stuff.

"Thank you!" She thanked my mum and harshly grabbed the suitcases from me.

"Oh my! Look at the time. I gave to leave for work soon. I work night shift everyday; except on Sundays. But I'll be back by the time you kids leave for school," she smiled at her.

"You're leaving me alone with that?" She pointed at me.

"I'm right here you know. I can see and hear everything," I point out.

"Oh, my bad," she smiled sarcastically. Beside her my mother chuckled.

"He fan be nice. Can't you Raven?" My mother gave me a warning look.

"Yeah whatever," I state and walk into my room.

That night she didn't come out for dinner.

She didn't leave her room for the rest of the week either. Sometimes I heard her talking to someone, which disappointed me. She was still here.

~LIZ~

It was a day before school started. I was lying on my bed, thinking about my family. And about moving in with a douche who blasts music at ungodly times of the night. I heard a knock on the door. Claudia popped her head in, holding my lunch on a tray.