Chapter Seventeen (Fun in the Sun Before It's Done...)

Susanna's POV

Time is like a river. It never stops flowing along. Sometimes you get those peaceful slow moving moments where you can sit back and cherish them or groan as they drag on. Then there is the rapids that go by so fast sometimes it leaves your head spinning. That has been my live for the last little bit.

Because... believe it or not... I'm getting married in just a matter of days. Today is when we are having our parties with our wedding attendants. But for us bachelor and bachelorette parties will be a bit different. Then tomorrow we get everything settled and calmed down. Then the next day is the big day. A life changing day!

I've been back home in Kentucky for about a week now. Lynn came back with me as well. Nicole and Brianna are going to ride down with us to where we are having the main part of the party. The Anthem Lights (including Kyle) guys, their wives, kids, & the rest of our Nashville friends are heading up here today. The Chosen boys are in Joey's line up so they will be meeting us at the park. Then Uncle Jake is bringing my other girls here.

"You ready yet, pokies?" I called into the cabin on my family's land that would be serving as the locale for our girls only party/sleepover tonight. Lynn, Brianna, and Nicole came tumbling from the over head loft all at once giggling. "Do I even want to know?" I asked, eyeing the girls that were right now reminding me of a bunch of cackling hens.

"Probably not." Lynn laughed, with a look in her eye that made me know that I was in for it. Sooner or later. But I would be in for something. With these three... yeah that freaked me out a little bit.

We piled into my car and got out on the road, with the distance everyone was traveling it was a total toss up on who would get there first.

- several hours later -

Joey's POV

"Our little Joey woey is getting married." Chad said in a baby talk voice while giving me a noogie.

"Let go you big goof," I struggled to get free.

"Dum dum Dee dumm." Caleb hummed the wedding march loudly. He flashed a cheesy grin, I just rolled my eyes.

"Welp... this settles it. The Anthem Lights guys are officially off the market. Days of never being alone as a single man are ahead of you." Alan said from the bus seat in front of me.

Originally we were going to drive the can up to Kentucky, but as more and more people showed up we ended up deciding to just catch a ride with Jake.

"Are you trying to make me back out, bro?" I asked nervously, but just a bit. I hope.

"I heard that, Richard Alan Powell. I'm the greatest good you ever got, and you know it." Brycie scolded her husband, and I had a hard time not falling out of my seat from laughter.

Alan turned around in his seat faster than you can say go and his daughters were having fits of laughter at how their Daddy was acting. My mind drifted to the thought that maybe someday I would have a daughter of my own. With Susanna. Any nerves or doubts just seemed to drift away and be replaced with God's peace. I was ready for this.

"Welp. Here we are." Uncle Jake said, as he pulled into a nearly empty parking lot, a sneaky grin on his wrinkled face.

"He's up to something. I know that face. I make that face." Maggie, a friend of Susanna's says.

Timon, from Chosen, perks up. "Me too, Magsters!" He grins, and then they proceed to blush at one another.

Elle, Eliora, and Elisabeth collapse into a seat behind them. Not fully relizing that that seat just happened to be occupied by none other than the other three Chosen boys. I couldn't help but laugh just a bit at the red faces of everyone involved.

"Let's just this party started." AJ Powell, Alan's oldest daughter, pumps her kiddo fists in the air, then runs off the bus closely followed by her mom and sisters.

Then the rest of us tracked off the bus in a messy resemblance of a line.

And sure enough waiting there at the bottom of the steps was a grinning Susanna. She exchanged a wink with Uncle Jake and a smile. I knew something was up now.

Susanna's POV

Uncle Jake. Being the kind hearted secretly rich man that he is, just so happened to rent and close out the park today. It's only going to be the workers, myself, and the rest of my motley crew. This is a different sort of amusement park. It's called the Kentucky Action Park.  There's horse back riding, a bungee jump trampoline thing, go carts, ziplines, bumper cars, western photo shoots, water bumper boats, and all sorts of other fun things. But this wasn't my first time here. And my favorite thing probably had to be the Alpine Slide.

We rode the chair lift up, a few in our party choosing to do other things, but some of the bravest ones decided to face the mountain with me. We each got on the sleds and I heard a few scream whether it was from fun or actually being scared.

Oh well, we shall just have to see what the rest of this day holds.

---------------------------------

Author's Note:

Check out the picture for this chapter to get your first glimpse at the faces of the Chosen boys. These boys are actually popping up in more books and not just from me :D

Also added a video of the alpine slide. I LOVE THAT THING! lol.... in case you couldn't tell.... I have visited the park before myself lol