Chapter Eight ~ Homeward Bound ~

Susanna's POV

It's really hard to belive that it's actually 2016. I came down to Nashville in the fall of 2014 and my life was forever changed. And today I'm watching as the city that has become my home, filled to the brim and those that I love, fades into the rearview mirror behind me.

That's right. I, Susanna Stephens, am leaving Nashville.

No need to worry, it's not for forever. Honestly, it's just to get things settled for the wedding in Smith Falls. And honestly I do sort of miss it there in Kentucky. After all that was my home for over twenty years. I occupy the hours of the drive with music and thoughts, and soon I'm there.

The welcome sign has been repainted since the last time I came in and it feels bittersweet as I pass places that have changed or disappeared all together. As I go down main street I see a favorite hang out for Lynn and I, well to be honest just about everyone whose ever set foot in Smith Falls.

O'Malley's Creamery. My stomach growls and before I know it I'm pulling off in their parking lot and am welcomed by some old familiar faces and some I don't recognize. "One Kit N' Kaboodle, please. Nothing with peanuts. I have allergies." I hear myself saying. Yes, I'm going to regret this later and have to so much exercise to make up for it that it wouldn't even be funny. BUT... I never eat ice cream in Nashville, since Joey is lactose intolerant. After all that is the kind and thoughtful thing to do, right? I have myself convinced as I take a seat with the massive glass bowl. A Kit N' Kaboddle is a mega amazing dish with 20+ different flavors of ice cream.

After my over indulgence, I decide to stop by the Smith Falls Public Library and visit with an old friend. "Francesca!" I say with excitement. We talk as she helps me find some wedding related books, I find out about how all of our classmates have been doing. And that her younger sister now has a job at a recently opened bookstore. Things really have been changing her at home.

I pass the apple barn and make a mental note to stop later in the week. There could be some great photos taken there.

As I pull into the driveway I smile, it's good to be back home in Kentucky.

Then a thought that hadn't crossed my mind hits me full force.

....

What will Joey get into without me being there?!?

________________________________________

Author's Note:

Dun dun dun!!!

Haha well the Smith Falls series just slipped in here a little bit :)

This was short but.... well it was an update so that is what counts right?