#EvenMoreFailuresAtStalking

Michelle

"So, did you find a boyfriend?" Nate repeated the question Tia's mom asked, when we got to his car, he was, as usual, driving me home.

I repeated my laugh.

"No, of course not," I replied. "I had no luck finding a boyfriend. Even after stalking a mall for hours..."

"I guess you fail at stalking too," he replied.

"Too? So how often do you stalk Tia and miss?" I asked.

He cleared his throat. "Not Tia."

"You stalked me?" I asked with feigned shock.

"Failed at stalking," he reiterated.

"Are you going to tell me about it?" I asked.

"Nope. Never," he replied with a smirk.

"You're baiting me."

"And you're not getting anything out of me," he replied with a grin.

"Fine."

"What does Tia's parents think of you and Tia?" I asked after a while. It was actually quite a long ride from Tia's church to my house.

"Nothing, I guess," he replied. "I figured that they thought that I was still... you know... you..."

"Nah, I don't think that they'd think you're that pathetic-"

"Excuse me?"

"Peace! I slipped-"

"Well, at least I'm not evil," he replied, there he goes again with his I'm a devil's spawn theory. "I'm surprised you didn't burn a while ago."

I know that the reason why he would call me evil, is, maybe because I actually was a little evil, I guess, to him. I was not the person of the year for the way that I had treated, okay, still treating, him. But-

Actually, there are no buts to it. I totally deserve being called evil by Nate.

"No, I didn't. Disappointed?" I asked with a smirk.

"A little."

Nathaniel

I didn't say much during lunch, but this is what I wanted to say:

"Michelle is too blinded by her sensationalized feelings for a guy who doesn't even bother to reply to any of her messages to notice anyone else."

But I didn't.

I am also kind of glad that Michelle didn't come back with a boyfriend in hand.

She's still smirking at me, challenging me.

Not because I'd still have a chance with her, but because that will mean that we are still on the same boat- pathetically pining for someone who we can't have.

She puffed up her cheeks, I poked it instinctively and she made a sound that made me laugh.

But I hate how every little thing she does still affects me.

Michelle

Made Nate laugh.

"So... Tia's parents want her to be with that Ben guy. What do you think of that?" I asked.

"I'm a much better choice," he replied.

"You should've told them that."

"I haven't passed Tia's Bible Quiz though."

"No..."

"Do you want to get a drink?" he asked.

I laughed. "Now? After church and lunch with a pastor?"

He shrugged. "Come on, I miss drinking with my best girl friend."

"Girl space friend."

"Yes... Girl space friend."

"Sure, why not."

"I feel like there are things that I can say to you much better drunk."

I raised an eyebrow, "Should I reconsider my answer? You are after all a self-confessed stalker."

He just laughed.