Chapter 3 ~Farewells and Arrivals~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slammed down my hand on my alarm clock and I glanced at the blurry red numbers on the clock.

6:30 a.m.

Ughhhhh.

I sat up on my messy bed and blinked a couple of times.

Today is gonna be Colette and my first day at Orewood Academy. I stood up from my bed and grabbed the first shirt I saw in my dresser. I took off my tank top and put on the shirt. I then stripped down my sweatpants and put on my favorite ripped jeans. I hurried to the bathroom and started brushing my teeth. Colette comes in all dressed and starts brushing her hair.

"Ready for today?" she asks me with a singing voice.

"No." I replied and spit in the sink. I sipped some water from the cup and rinsed out my mouth.

"That's disgusting, Shay." she says.

"Your face is disgusting." I said.

Colette just scowls and then shrugs it off.

After I washed my face, brushed my hair and put eyeliner on my eyes, I headed downstairs for breakfast. As I walked into the kitchen, I glanced at Colette and my suitcases lined up at the front door.

I sat down at the kitchen table where breakfast was in front of me.

Donuts, bagel sandwiches, and coffee.

"Sorry about breakfast, Shay. We don't have anything for breakfast today so I told dad to go buy something from Dunkin' Donuts." says mom.

"That's fine. As long as it's food." I said, taking a bite out of the bagel sandwich with bacon and scrambled eggs in it.

"Good morning! Guess who's ready for first day at Orewood! I know I am!" I heard Colette shout out, happily. She walks into the kitchen and sits next to me.

"No waffles?" she asks mom.

"No waffles." says mom.

"Awww, oh well. I love donuts." says Colette and takes a bite out of the French Cruller.

"When does school start?" I asked mom.

"Well, class starts at 7:35 and everybody needs to be in their rooms before it's that time. You two are going to have to meet up with your guidance counselors about your schedules and get your assigned rooms." she replies.

"Oh my god! We're getting our own room and roommates!" shouts out Jacey, happily.

"Wow, gee, I didn't know that!" I said, sarcastically.

"Your father and I will really miss you two. Remember to call us, email us, anything to stay in touch." says mom.

"We will, don't worry." I said.

"Do you guys have everything?" I heard dad ask from the front door.

"Yup!" Colette and I both say at the same time.

"Okay, I'm gonna go put your stuff in the car!" he says.

"Are you guys excited?" asks mom, smiling.

"No." I said at the same time when Colette said, "Yes."

"Oh Shay, you'll have fun. I just know it! You'll make tons of new friends." says mom.

"You said the same thing when it was my first day in 1st grade." I said.

"Well, you did make friends." she says.

"Mom, that was in 1st grade. Everyone was friends with each other in 1st grade. I'm a senior in high school, making friends these days are hard." I said.