Chapter 1 ~Moving In and Meeting the Neighbors~

"Shay! Do you mind helping carry the boxes out of the van?!" I heard my mom screech out from the backyard.

I opened the kitchen window and yelled out, "Be right there!"

I walked out of the kitchen, slipped on my navy blue converse and headed out the front door. I walked to the van where my mom was taking out boxes from the back and leaned against the car.

"Here, Shay. Take this to the living room, will you?" asks my mom as she hands me a box.

"Kay." I said and headed inside the house. I walked into the huge new living room and placed the box on the coffee table. As I headed out the door again, my 17 year old younger sister, Colette, runs into me with her blackberry in her hand.

"Colette, watch where you're going!" I snapped.

"Sorry, sorry. I was texting Oliver." she apologizes, her eyes glued to her cellphone screen.

"Are you two going to do the 'long distance relationship'?" I asked.

"Yup." she replies with a cheeky grin.

"You know, they're unhealthy for your relationship. Long distance can hurt you two." I said.

"Oliver and I will be fine." she says.

"Whatever you say..." I said with a sigh and walked out of the door.

"Here you go, this is the last one. Thanks for helping me, Shay." says mom as I took another cardboard box full of stuff.

"No problem." I said and walked inside the house again. I placed the last box on the same coffee table and threw myself onto the couch.

"So. Fucking. Tiring." I said to myself as I dropped my head back.

"Feel free to relax, Shay. But be sure you and Colette start unpacking and pack for next week." says my mom, from the kitchen.

Right, next week.

My mom and dad are sending Colette and I to a boarding school.

Orewood Academy.

It's not an ordinary boarding school, but the most richest boardingschool in Massachusetts. If only it was in New York.

One of my fear of moving here is that I was a gigantic New York Yankees fan. My whole entire family is...well, except for Colette who prefers watching football with her boyfriend, Oliver.

Since we all moved here of business circumstances, it's a problem for me.

It's not only a baseball problem, but leaving my friends is a problem.

My bestest friends.

Leaving them is the most tragic part of moving.

As I closed my eyes and relaxed for a bit, the doorbell suddenly rings.

I looked at the door and there were several knocks.

"Colettttttte...the door!" I groaned, lazily.

"You lazy ass." says Colette and opens the door.

"Who is it?" I asked, sitting up straight.

"Your new neighbors." I heard an unfamiliar voice reply.

I turned to the door and stood up.

At the door was a lady about mid 40's and...a guy.

A really cute guy, I must say.

"Um, hi." I said, walking to the door.

"Oh wow! You must be our neighbors!" says mom, walking towards the door and stood next to me.