Fourteen

"Styles, you're still coming right?" The voice on the other side of the phone said, causing Harry to rub at the bridge of his nose

Louis tried to pretend to be asleep so he could listen to the early morning conversation between Harry and the mystery person on the line. He was on his side, his back facing the curly haired boy so he could furrow his brow in confusion as he tried to figure out who would be calling.

"Yes." Harry's deep voice hummed, "Later."

He hung the phone up quickly, placing it back in the holder since he was using his house phone and sliding back under the sheets beside Louis. He rested on his back, looking up to the ceiling as his mind raced with so many thoughts that he was going to explode.

"Who was that?" Louis questioned, giving away his awake state and turning to face the flustered boy. His blues burned at him, going to the stitches on his jaw to see them tighten with it clenched.

"Have to go see someone." He replied, sitting up and leaning against the headboard. His chest was bare due to him only going to bed in briefs since he felt comfortable with the human. "Do you remember Donovan?"

"That asshole guy?" Louis breathed, sitting up to also lean against the headboard. His fingers went to comb through his wild chestnut fringe out of his eyes.

Harry nodded, looking down at his chest to run his fingers along the stitches that went from his right hip to the left. "He and my maker want to see me." He softly said, earning a gasp from Louis.

"What? Why?" He inquired, "He was a jerk to you. Was his father even nice to you?" His arms crossed over his chest as he waited for his response.

"Sometimes." He muttered, looking up from his waist to make eye contact with Louis. "But I already said yes."

"Then i'm coming with you." He sternly said, "How should i dress? Casual or formal?" He slipped out from the bed to go to his backpack that had his clothes, ignoring the groans coming from behind him.

"Louis, you cant leave Zayn." Harry retorted, "Cant ditch him."

The human grumbled because he knew that the other boy coming with him would get in the way at some point. "He will understand. And i didn't force him to come so its not my fault if he has to stay here." He exhaled, standing up and crawling onto the bed until his knees were knocking into Harry's thighs.

His intense blues poured into his greens, his small fingers slipping into his larger ones. "I'm not letting you go alone." He whispered, leaning forward to connect his lips with Harry's.

Harry's heart was rapidly beating in his chest. No one has ever felt this way towards him. No one has cared for him. Not his dad, Gemma, or his mother. He never really had friends. He met Niall and Liam after the incident when he was broken and trying to figure out what the hell he was.