Thirteen

Louis' mum agreed

Louis' mum agreed. Zayn's mum agreed. Thats what lead to the two boys now standing where they were a week ago in the front of the woods on a Saturday morning with the sun shining above them and barely a cloud in the sky.

The shorter lad turned to the boy who was texting on his phone, punching him in the shoulder to get his attention which resulted in profanities.

"Pay attention you twat." He snapped, glaring at him with his sharp blue eyes. "I only have two rules. Don't freak out when you see Harry and listen to me at all times."

The golden eyed boy scoffed, "Listen to you at all times? What is this? A field trip? Whats next, we hold hands?" His lips spread into a smile that caused Louis to ease up and roll his eyes.

"You just have to be calm." He sighed, "Its been, like, a week since i've seen him and he could have done something to himself, i don't know." He ran a hand through his fringe that he styled with gel and his hand fell back to his side as he looked out towards the trees.

He made sure to dress appropriately and actually pack clothes so he didn't have to share if Harry even allowed him back into his house.

He was wearing a pair of beige cargo pants and a black shirt, the same as Zayn who was wearing a dark purple shirt and black pants.

The two were loaded with supplies including food and water just incase they had to stop so that meant they were ready.

"Does he look really bad?" He shyly asked, watching his best mate smile softly. He knew that smile. It was the smile that meant he had deep feelings for someone. He should know since he's been there since Nick.

"He's fine." He mumbled, his hands gripping onto the backpack straps as he began to walk. "Lets get going."

He was the first of the two to step onto the leaves that crunched under their sneakers, the fresh air nipping at their arms lightly. It was absolutely calming.

It made Louis smile at how the tables were turned. Two weeks ago, he didn't want to go into the woods and now he was leading the dark haired boy towards the mountain.

"So how long are we staying?"

"Uhm i think around three days." Louis hummed in response, "We have to go to school since theres only one month left." His frown from talking about school disappeared when he spotted the bottom of the mountain like before.

The walk was silent, just the sound of the crunching of the leaves and the birds chirping above them. Their hands went out to feel the mountain that stretched towards the sky.

"How close are you with this guy?" Zayn hummed as he followed Louis who was eagerly climbing above him.

"We kissed." He grunted as his foot dug into the dirt, his body pushing upwards to continue to go further.