Ten

It felt weird being in his own bed

It felt weird being in his own bed. In his own room.

Louis tossed in his bed for the hundredth time that night because all he could think about was Harry. He didn't expect to get over him as soon as he exited the woods but not this much.

His mum let him stay home since it was a school day which he appreciated but also hated because he didn't like the silence of his room.

"Lou?" A voice mumbled through the door followed by a soft knock.

"Yeah." He groggily said, untangling himself from his bed sheets that were trapping his lower half and stumbling to unlock the door.

"Wanna talk?" His mum said, her blue eyes curiously looking at her son that she was so glad to have back home. She wanted to check on her son since Phoebe, his younger sister, told her how she heard him tossing and turning all night through the thin walls of their home.

"Sure." He sighed, motioning towards the mess of a bed and taking a seat at the foot of the bed while she sat beside his pillow.

"Are you okay?" She started.

He wanted to just say yes and get the questions over with but he couldn't lie to her. She was like his best friend since he was the oldest boy and she deserves to know the truth after not having her child.

"No." He replied, running a hand through his matted hair. His gaze went to his plaid pajama pants to pick at the hem that was already falling apart from the years of him wearing them. He would have to sew them. The same way-no. "I met a boy, mum."

"Oh?" She hummed, noticing the small smile that perked on his lips. She knew of her son's sexuality and it wasn't a bother to her but she never saw him smile like that over someone he just met.

He nodded and swallowed the lump in his throat as he continued, "His name is Harry. He was really sweet."

"Was? Like he isn't anymore?"

"W-When i told him i wanted to leave he was a bit harsh. But its understandable because he has been living in this house in the middle of the woods alone for two years. He just wanted a friend." He spared a glance to see Jay smiling at her son and his big heart.

"This may seem like a stupid question but what gave you the need to come back if everything was going so fine there?" She questioned, causing him to bite his lower lip.

"It was fine until i kissed him. Then it got weird, well to me. I just wanted to come home. You guys were probably worried sick."

She nodded, "We had the police searching for you everyday. Zayn was coming over after school everyday just to ask if we found something."