Chapter 35

Tobias POV
Tris got out of hospital 2 days ago. Apparently the case is going to the court now, since Tris was the victim, she has to testify against them directly. We are waiting for it to start.
The judge requests everyone to quieten down.
"We are now handling the kidnapping case of Beatrice Prior, 18, who is right here with us with her family. I was informed she was taken in a van and kept hostage by Lauren Kingston and Troye Rodgers, am I correct?" He asks.
"Yes, your honor." Mr. Prior answers.
Lauren is hauled in front of the judge.
"Ms. Kingston, why did feel the need to take Ms. Prior hostage?" He asks.
"She stole Four from me." She says. Ugh. Its like so stupid. How is the judge supposed to know our high school issues?
"Uh? Okay? What is that supposed to mean?" He asks.
"I hate her! She took the man I loved away from me! She doesn't even deserve him! I mean look at her! She is an ugly brat!" She says.
I look at Tris. Tears threaten to pour out of her eyes. I lean and kiss her cheek.
"I love you and only you." I whisper. She wraps her arms around my waist and puts her head on top of my chest. I hold her as I watch the case go on. Mr. Prior looks angry. Probably because of how Lauren referred to Tris.
"Calm down, Ms. Kingston." He says.
As I watch Troye being hauled in front the judge.
"Mr. Rodgers, why did you accompany Ms. Kingston in this?" He asks.
"Well, because she asked me to. And I wanted Tris to be with me and not him. So I did this." He says. Huh, as if.
Tris is called up for evidence.
"Is it true that they caused you bodily harm?" He asks.
"Yes." She says.
"How?" He asks.
"Troye came in to beat me and he tried to rape me 2 times but didn't actually do so. Lauren used blades. She cut me with it." She tells him in a very strong voice. She is so brave.
The judge sighs a little.
"They made everyone of my friends and family think I was dead and tortured me. They were gonna take away everything I had. Thank the cop who suspected my death. If not, I-I...don't know...w-what I would have done." She sobs. By this time, Mr. Prior looks as if he is about to cry.
I hold her shoulders for support.

I bring into the watching crowd. Some of them actually offer her their support.
I smile at all of them.
"There is enough evidence to prove that all this was true. Even the victim gave a testimony herself. What more do we need here?" Mr. Prior asks the judge.
"You are very much right, Mr. Prior. I hereby take Lauren Kingston and Troye Rodgers guilty and sentence them to a lifetime in prison. You will never see the world again." He says. Lauren screams. Troye just glares at the floor. They are hauled off by the cops. They are gone for good now.