Chapter 24

Tobias POV
I am just so pissed at Troye. She's my girlfriend. He knows that. Then he still doesn't want to leave her alone.
College ended half an hour ago and I am in Tris's room, waiting for her. She still hasn't returned yet. Her classes end later than mine.
Her mom was home. So she let me in. I am getting bored. So I look around for something to read. As I look through her shelf, I find something that catches my eye.
It says 'My Song Book' written in neat handwriting. What songs? I open to find lyrics written by none other than my Tris.
She writes songs? And she's never told me about it? That's her. She doesn't like to boast about her talents. Its one of things I both love and hate about her. I have to find a way to bring this out in the lights. Wait, Yale's dad. Doesn't he own a record company? I have to talk to him. When should I give this to her?
I know. This can my crazy birthday present from me to her. I put the book back into her shelf.
She gave me a Ferrari after all. I go back to sit on her bed. I am not bored anymore. I have to talk to Yale about this.
So I whip out my phone and call him.
T-Hey there! Yale, are u free?
Y-Yeah I am free! What's up?
T-You told me that your dad owns a record company doesn't he?
Y-Yup. What about that?
T-Well, its about Tris. I am thinking of getting her a record deal.
Y-Let me guess, as her birthday present?
T-Yup!
Y-Awesome idea! Do you have any recordings of her singing? It doesn't have to be written by her. Just her voice.
T-Yeah, I have a few. She sings to me sometimes.
Y-Great! You have to pass me that!
T- I will do it. No problem!
Y-Great! Gotta go! Bye!
T-Bye!
She has no idea what is coming her way. The door opens and Tris steps in sighing.
"Tobias!" She squeals when she sees me. She throws her arms around me. I kiss her. God, I've missed her lips the whole day. When we pull apart, she looks at me.
"What brings you here?" She asks.
"Well, your devilishly handsome boyfriend wanted to see you. That's why!" I say.
"Right." She says and her face contorts, as if she remembered something.
"What is wrong?" I ask, concerned, pulling her tighter to me. She is currently on my lap right now. I like this position.
"Its him again." She says.
"What is it this time?" I ask.
"I was going back to my car. Only to find him leaning against it. He asked me out again. And I refused again. He persuaded me to lie to you again. And I refused yet again." She says.
"And then?" I ask.
"He got frustrated. He asked me what does he lack that you have. And my answer was like, because he wasn't you. And then he told me that I would be his, whether I like it or not." She says.
I clench my teeth and fists. How dare he?!
"Tobias, I shook him off externally but I am scared inside. That he would do something to hurt either of us." She says, burying her face in my neck."I don't know what to do."
"He won't hurt anyone. If he does, he'll know what is coming for him." I say. She nods.
Well, why do people want us apart?